“Average food and service”

Cate's Italian Garden
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cate's is located in the quaint town of Bolton Landing summer months are bustling with tourists from all over! Reserve your table for dinner either on our patio or inside dining we have a full service bar. Also our pizza cafe' next door offers just pizza, calzones, and salads.
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Average food and service”
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

We had read so many great reviews and were disappointed with our dinner last night. We felt the food was overpriced for the quality. The service was fair. The waitress was pleasant but seemed over extended. Actually that seems like the story regarding many of theses restaurants. We were lucky to have a wonderful evening dining Al Fresco.

Visited August 2013
cate f, Owner at Cate's Italian Garden, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
sisi 123...Thanks for the review.. great observation myself & most of the restaurants in town are understaffed in a seasonal town we loose our college kids so that means yes our servers who stay on are over extended & it will continue for a few more weeks so all of you reading this have patience we all are work harder this time of year tiring to make your dining experience pleasurable..Cate

New York City
“disappointing”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

After a wonderful experience last year we returned but were disappointed. I ordered the tuna special requesting it rare. It came over cooked. The sauce and vegetables were adequate. My wife found her dish dull. Service was rushed but ok.

The spicy mussels were good.

• Visited August 2013
cate f, Owner at Cate's Italian Garden, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Hi thanks for the review.. just so you know I'm in agreement I was disappointed in the dish myself... I take full responsibilty ..... Cate
Syracuse, New York
“Absolutely Delicious!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We loved everything! One of the best pasta sauces I have ever tasted. Unlike any other restaurant I've been to, I could actually tell that I was eating eggplant parm, instead of just breading around a thin slice of mystery. Extremely reasonably priced - if we lived in the area, we would go here every week!

Visited August 2013
Tulsa
“Outstanding surprise....”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

While driving into Bolton's Landing for the first time we spotted an outdoor dinning area that looked interesting. After being seated I figured this was a tourist kind of place but ordered my meal for lunch. Wow....what a surprise. Maybe one of the best Italian sandwiches I've ever had anywhere. Also a great cup of soup..!!! Told several friends to be sure to go there...!!!

• Visited August 2013
Staten Island, New York
“Quick lunch”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Cool and nice spot for lunch when you shop Bolton's Landing
Patio dining and bar counter. Big enough for groups . All lunch fare is tasty and service is good

• Visited July 2013