“Great food, great service”

Cate's Italian Garden
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cate's is located in the quaint town of Bolton Landing summer months are bustling with tourists from all over. Reserve your table early we only take reservations up till 6:00pm & we do fill our tables quick . We have our Cafe' next door offers pizza,calzones & salads only.
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We visited Cate's during a beautiful fall weekend in the Adirondacks. Understanding that it was not peak season, we still can not say enough about the quality of service for dinner. Cate was at the front of the restaurant and made it a point to stop by and check on us throughout our dinner. Our waitress (I've forgotten her name) struck a nice balance of checking in without interrupting a relaxing meal. Summary: the food (appetizers, entrees and dessert) were great and we appreciate the service provided by the staff. We got a pizza take out the following night and it also was delicious.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

This was the first night in quite some time that my husband and I were able to have a night out without our children, so the bar was already set pretty high as to how well we expected everything to go. Not only was that height reached it was EXCEEDED. The service was phenomenal! Our server, Tracy, was so attentive, and friendly, in an unobtrusive kind of way, when you are alone with your spouse for the first time in a long time, you don't need the server constantly interrupting you. Tracy seemed to just automatically know when the time was right to refill beverages, inquire as to whether everything was to our liking, etc. The service, in my opinion is the most important aspect of any restaurant experience for me, and Tracy served us the most fabulous food we have had in a long time. I am very critical of Italian food I order at a restaurant, and there was nothing I could not honestly say was SUPERB, from the appetizer to the main course, right through my decadent dessert. The next restaurant that I visit will have to work very hard to even come close to the spectacular experience we enjoyed at Cates!

1  Thank Tara319
Reviewed September 21, 2011

The service, ambience and lighting were poor, had to use a torch to see the menu. Not really but very close.
Was so disapointed in the food, it was very bland, and poor presentation, seemed like they just chucked it on the plate.
Sorry but this is not a top spot here.

1  Thank Gary T
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We returned to Cates this weekend and thank you Buddy and Cate for the personal service and a great night...Buddy recommended the lasagna last year when we were there..and my friend could not finish it (because there was so much) anfriends with us and all agreedd could not throw it away because it was so yummy. She returned to the hotel and because we had no fridge, she kept it on ice all weekend and we returned back to nyc where she finished it up at work for lunch..sharing with all at work..we had 8 friends with us and all agreed the service, the food and the atmosphere made for a really great night...thank you and see you next year!!!!!

Reviewed September 13, 2011

We were looking for something light for dinner and Cate's fit the bill. Typical Italian restaurant with an extensive southern Italy menu. We opted for the Caprese salad and a pizza. Both were very good and more than enough to share. Server was extremely friendly. Would return without hesitation.