“Best croutons ever!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Ryefield Bar & Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Description: The current photo that is up for the "Ryefield Restayrant" is actually of "Mr. Brown's Pub" of the Sagamore!
NJ
“Best croutons ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

I've been coming to this restaurant nearly every summer for 9 years and it is one of my favorites in the Lake George Area. I highly recommend the salmon...so good! Everyone that was with me enjoyed their meal. The salad is so delicious with the best croutons ever! Seriously, I don't know how they make these croutons but they are so good! Next time I'm in the LG area, I will be back!

Visited August 2013

Loudonville
“Average Decor, Service, Food:meh?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Just another place to eat. We should have known better when there was no one waiting to get in during a busy Fourth of July week in Bolton Landing...maybe dinner isn't their strong meal of the day.......the service was friendly, the decor was typical bar and booths seating.......we all ordered the fish and chips sandwich with no roll: the french fires were soggy and the breading on the fish had no flavor. Even the cocktail sauce had no zing.......perhaps breakfast would be a better choice?

• Visited July 2013
Adirondacks
“A hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

We have eaten at the Ryefield many times. What a nice little place. The authentic Adirondack atmosphere and furnishings are beautiful. Rich woods, all aged, none of that new 'souvenir' Adirondack stuff. The wood and slate floors alone are worth seeing. The food is excellent every time we've eaten there. I am amazed at how big the portions are. You don't go away hungry, that's for sure. The salads are served in a giant bowl with tongs, family style. Have as much or as little as you like, and the basket of warm homemade bread is unbeatable.

We are also amazed that the whole restaurant is handled by just two servers. They are efficient and experienced, and will bend over backward to make you happy. We went there this weekend, during Americade (we are not bikers), were fortunate to get immediate seating, and were treated to chef/owner Paul Garlick's new 2013 menu choices. Awesome American menu! For us, shrimp scampi, teriyaki chicken, a hot turkey sandwich with dressing, and an indescribably good Maine lobster roll on a croissant. For starters we chose the famous mushroom appetizer (I will dream of it for months to come), French onion soup au gratin (perfect!!) and two dozen steamers. The Perfect Manhattan was perfect, and the beer on tap was icy cold. Honestly, I can't find anything bad to say about this restaurant. In all the times we've eaten there, we've never had a dud.

Life is life. We're probably due for a dud or a mixup at some point, but I don't plan on letting it freak me out. The Ryefield is consistently good, so if they have a bad day on my day some time in the future I will expect to roll with it and watch them fix the problem, because I am confident they will. I think I will always find the Ryefield to be a favorite place to eat.

Go there. You will like it.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Lin57EMT
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

We were very reluctant to try the Ryefield after being disappointed so many times with different restaurants in and around Bolton Landing (especially The Algonquin) but were pleasantly surprised. The Hostess greeted us warmly, showed us to our table, gave us menus and took our drink orders. The food and service were good and the prices very reasonable. The bar looked inviting but all the seats were taken by folks watching playoff baseball. If I could have found a seat I would have joined them :). Again it was a nice surprise and I would not hesitate to recommend this place.

• Visited October 2012
Brooklyn
“Good food - abysmal service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

What is wrong with the waitresses here? Such nasty attitudes. Years ago we used to go to the Ryefield all the time, but stopped going. We gaave it a go this past weekend, and I quickly remembered why we stopped coming - downright surly service. I've worked in plenty of restaurants and am always exceedingly polite to staff - to the point where I APOLogiZed for my mother having to send back cold, awful fish and chips (no apology from the waitress). All the other food was very good. But I'll never go back here because who needs to have plates slammed down and an attitude that says "you're lucky I'm serving you." Too bad.