Mr Browns Pub
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We decided to go here for our first night at the resort. We were in the mood for pub food and didn't need anything fancy.

We were very pleased with the food and the service. We started out with the hummus dip appetizer which was quite tasty (the presentation of this dish was also excellent). Then we had burgers: turkey burger and Stout burger. Each was cooked to specifications and was delivered piping hot. We split a carrot cake that was tasty as well. Must be noted that the drink prices were very reasonable!

All in all a great dining experience with a great wait staff. Enjoyed this so much, we went back a second time during our stay and were not disappointed.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

My family had dinner last night, we were seated outside, I started with a crab cake was delicious, crispy and flavorful. My husband had steak and it was perfectly cooked, I had an amazing lobster salad delicious and very fresh we loved it! Wait staff was wonderful; it was a delightful evening from start to finish. I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

Shortly after arriving with our family for a long weekend, we decided to eat at this pub which is conveniently located in the main building. Our party of 7 was split between two tables, as it was 6pm and very busy. The menu includes a good selection of pub food, salads, sandwiches, a few entrees, etc. The children's menu includes all the necessary food groups...chicken fingers, grilled cheese sandwich, etc.. Service was friendly, if hurried, but the food quality was less than one would expect from a top-level resort, with top-level prices. My wife's burger ($14)arrived cold, and was immediately sent back to the kitchen. The replacement burger arrived quickly, but was raw in the center. My pastrami sandwich was chewy and not very flavorful. At a resort that hosts many New Yorkers, I expected better. On the plus side, the fries were very good, as was the onion soup starter. The 1/2 rack of ribs was enjoyed by our 12 year old granddaughter.
Overall, given the location and price, this pub underwhelmed.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

We had dinner here shortly after our arrival at the Sagamore. My wife and I had the best dinner salads that we have had in a long time. Mine came with chicken and her's with shrimp. The greens were very fresh, the dressing was light (something many restaurants don't do in an effort to hide old greens) and the chicken and shrimp prep was on the mark. Also, the beverage selection was excellent. It's what I wish other brew pubs would emulate Mr. Brown's example.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

You must try the Lobster Cobb Salad! It is tasty and loaded with lobster. We also had the buffalo wings, it was decent; the Spinach Artichoke dip was not great - it just wasn't cheesy enough for the chips, and the crab cakes were ok - missing some spices. Overall we enjoyed our meal very much during our stay at the Sagamore.