“Truly Exceptional”

Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2013

During our visit to Bolton Landing for a family wedding, we sought out recommendations from the hotel we were staying at. After reviewing a few of the restaurants' menus that had been suggested, we decided on Pasta Vero for their inviting atmosphere and enticing menu options. Once seated, we selected from the cured meats and cheeses menu, some imported olives and a bottle of wine. All of the items were exceptional and much enjoyed by all.
For our entrees we chose the swordfish special, the salmon and a mushroom pasta dish made with their homemade pasta. We were thoroughly satisfied with the quality of the meals and service. Highly, highly recommended!
For those review previously mentioning poor food quality or service, they must have confused this restaurant with another promising authentic Italian cuisine, as this was truly exceptional and authentic! A+++

There are newer reviews for Pasta Vero

Reviewed July 9, 2013

There are a lot of restaurants claiming to make authentic cuisine, but many fall short where Pasta Vero succeeds. You can tell the food is made fresh with fresh ingedients. I have never been to a restaurant locally out of the major cities that offers the fine imported italian foods like I found here. If you love Italian or simply a great meal I highly reccomend trying it out.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Was here with family and was extremely disappointed and upset. Service was awful, waited and hour and a half before food came out despite being told numerous times it would be right out. The "homemade" pasta was pasty and extremely dry.There was little sauce covering it. Food had t no taste and was served cool not hot as if it had been waiting in the kitchen for some time. The charge of $1.95 for Italian bread is ridiculous and should be on the table before the food arrives. This restuarant has only two high chairs so its not kid friendly.I am a resident of Bolton and was embarassed that I brought visitors there. Its been called, "fine dining," I would have to diagree strongly. It was anything but.The chef/owner shoud be ashamed of himself!!!!!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Caffe Vero, now called Pasta Vero in Bolton Landing was one of the many places we dined at during our vacation stay near Lake George. I was very excited when I saw the extensive menu and wine list, and they had outdoor dining as well which we loved. We decided dining outside on the patio was preferable to inside so we could "people watch". We began with a glass of wine for me and a local beer for my husband. I noticed the atmosphere was leisurely and decided an appetizer would be best especially since we were already quite hungry. I had a feeling our food might take some time. It did, the appetizer took at least twenty minutes to appear. I was surprised the portion was smaller than I expected. The appetizer we chose was the bruschetta which was delicious if a bit over oiled, however, I felt their new twist on it was a good combination. The artichoke heart and stem were very refreshing, the truffle oil was what brought it together to mouth watering. Once we each ate it, I decided the portion was enough because of the richness of the oil. Once that was served it went a little down hill from there. The waitress tried to let us know there was some sort of bread "situation" but she would be out with some as soon as possible. This took at least fifteen minutes. I believe we should have gotten the bread before the appetizer. She did a good job explaining the basil oil and balsamic vinegar that came with it, but I wasn't all that impressed. She was a little overly enthusiastic in her explanations, perhaps helping us become a little disappointed when the real food came. She also stated they had just sat a table of fourteen inside, no doubt her being their waitress she was overloaded. So the service became sketchy. Finally when the dinner did arrive about twenty five minutes after the appetizer, I was disappointed. It seemed it as set under a heat lamp in the interim for a long period of time. As if we were forgotten. That wouldn't have been so bad but the actual portion size was much to be desired, especially for $18 a plate. My husband decided on lasagna, something simple. The "beef" in the lasagna was beef, however it was made into sausage which had very strong flavors, he was not expecting sausage, he was expecting ground beef with light flavorings. The menu should have mentioned the ground meat in the lasagna was "sausage". The portion he received was so tiny I thought he was going to say something considering the price. It looked like left over wedding food, very thin and sad looking. I thought he would be getting a larger size and more "heft" to it. I had the pasta with wild mushrooms and porcini sauce. It was decent but again for $18 we thought we would be bringing some home! Pasta is fairly cheap to make, I was a disappointed by the portions. The pasta was homemade but between the thick sauce and it laying under a heat lamp it made it chalky and stuck together. It was a bit too chewy and rich. The mushrooms were not very numerous. There was no salt at all added to either dish. We had to ask the waitress for salt and pepper since there was none on the tables outside and it took her some time to get it to us. There was no offer of freshly grated cheese either but we noticed it was offered at another table. Once we ate, we again waited for another half hour before the waitress appeared again and take away our plates. It took another long wait to get our bill. I understand their menu tried to reflect the delicate flavors of southern Italy along with the leisure that goes with the culture, however, we were not impressed. I also realize the service had a bit to do with our experience, while she was exceptionally nice she wasn't paying attention to detail which was disappointing considering the type of restaurant it was. It was the portion size that really got us though. Again, we realized that the food was not supposed to be overwhelming and "Americanized" with overly large portions, however, for the price we paid we did expect a little more in all categories. I would say if you do visit, sit inside, order something "regular" such as the puttanesca, something with a bit more sauce to it and don't expect large portions.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

On June 28, 2013 we were in Lake George and happened upon Pasta Vero in Bolton Landing. What good fortune! The weather was great so we sat outside on the patio. Our server was Samantha Lynn; what a sweetie! Chef Perrone is a James BeardAward winning chef with many restaurants in NYC and elsewhere. the food is all superior quality. That night we had the "tasting" menu and from the cured meats, selected Prosciutto San Daniele, melt in your mouth good! The Bresaola air cured Lombardy beef was aromatic and delicious! For the cheeses we had imported asiago and Danish fontina. The Kunik was goat's milk cheese from a local source. All were delicious. The quality reaaly shines through at Pasta Vero. It was so, good, we returned the next day for the Red bella olives; huge, tender, meaty and mild. Then finished it off with the homemade Pappardelle Bolognese and eggplant rolatini. We finished it off with homemade pistachio cannoli and black cherry & chocolate bread pudding. If that doesn't sound good to you...better get your tastebuds checked! Lake George is a great destination and Pasta Vero is worth the trip by itself! Service, hospitality, reasonable prices and great food...you'll find it at Pasta Vero! Thanks Chef Perrone and Samantha!.