“Dinner for 12”

Warrensburg, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dinner for 12”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

A group of coworkers and friends and I met for drinks and appetizers in the bar. Although it was quite loud in the bar, it was a nice place to meet before dinner to chat and listen to Ray Alexander on the piano. We were seated for our reservation on time and at the table by the windows as we requested. Our waiter Nick was very knowledgeable about the menu and described the choices to us. He did an excellent job of taking care of the 12 of us throughout the evening as we enjoyed our drinks, salads, appetizers, and various entrees. The servings were substantial and the food was excellent. Dessert was chocolate cake. It was decadent and delicious! It was a very enjoyable evening.

1 Thank Deb C

Lake George, New York
“Expect and receive the best!”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Hosted my office staff to our annual dinner and they chose the Sagamore! Why not? For some of them it was a first and an opportunity to experience fine dining first hand. Ray Alexander was playing the piano ,we had apps in the bar and received excellent service from Nick, our waiter.
All twelve praised the ambiance,service and cuisine. I was pleased to see they have changed the menu somewhat.
Minor downside for a restaurant of this quality; no vanilla vodka in the house and no anchovies for the caeser salad. Still one of the ares finest!
;

1 Thank Robert B
Skaneateles, New York
“Wonderful service”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

My husband and I celebrated a late Valentine's Day mid-week at the Sagamore Resort. Had a lovely dinner with a great server (Nick Conte). He recommended 2 fabulous wines by the glass for my husband. We took advantage of the winter special (room included breakfast and dinner). My husband started with the tuna appetizer, which he enjoyed very much, and I with a terrific salad. He had a filet, which was cooked perfectly, and I had the veal parmigiana. The veal was cooked well, but I would have liked a little more sauce. We split chocolate cake, very homestyle and yummy, for dessert. Next time, I will order an appetizer and the salad as my entree. It was HUGE and one of the best salads I've ever eaten. All and all, a very nice experience.

1 Thank SkanLaker
Boston, Massachusetts
“Valentine's Dinner at La Bella Vita Ristorante”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

1) My Fiancée and I arrived at 8pm for an 8:30pm reservation. We sat at the bar for drinks while waiting.
2) While at the bar we purchased drinks for a couple celebrating their 11th anniversary, neither bartender shared with the couple we had purchased them a drink for their special night; a practice that is customary at every bar I have ever been to.
3) We were seated at approx. 8:40pm.
4) Our table was "literally" a wicker patio table with a table cloth covering the hole in the center of the table for an umbrella. I'm uncertain if you have sat at one of these tables; however, they are not comfortable for dinning. Also, we had to place napkins under one of the legs to keep it from wobbling.
5) Our appetizer, calamari, arrive well before a glass of water or bottle of wine; the calamari was poorly done, some cool, some warm, all mediocre
6) Our entrees where brought out and served to another table, and then served to us! The only reason we stayed at this point and took the food was because my Fiancée watched the whole thing unfold and assured me no one touched anything; and the fact I never send anything back to a kitchen (the entrees were ok). As you know, once food is served to a table it should never be reserved to another table . . . it is waste at that point.
7) Upon departing the "La Bella Vita" I stopped and shared our experience with the manager on duty, she did not seem overly concerned, she took my number and I have yet to hear a word from anyone.
8) Upon my return home I also shared this experience via your web site http://www.thesagamore.com/contact-us/, again no response to date.
9) On 18 Feb 2014, I e-mail the manager of the "La Bella Vita", again no reply to date (of course it has only been one day since this e-mail)

The bottom-line is the experience I just described is not what you expect from The Sagamore's restaurant the "La Bella Vita". We could have received the experience described above anywhere for much less cost. The reason you go to The Sagamore, and more specifically the "La Bella Vita", and pay a little more is for a fine dining experience, not patio furniture and substandard food and service.

1 Thank R S
“Romantic Valentine's Dinner”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

A very elegant and romantic restaurant. Perfect for a special occasion. The wait staff make you feel regal and are very attentive. The food was absolutely delicious. A little pricey but well worth it.

Visited February 2014