“horrible service” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Bella Vita Ristorante

La Bella Vita Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
connecticut
“horrible service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

the service at this place was horrendous. at a hotel like this, there should not be a wait for a buffet when there are empty tables. i had to ask for someone to wait on me, and there were plenty of people walking around. buffet was ok...food was cold

Provo
“Great Steak and Fresh Pasta”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

I had a business dinner here and the food was pretty good. Their Cesar Salad was pretty good bu their imported pasta dishes were excellent. I had the filet mignon dish and it was cooked perfectly and was very tasty. The only reason why I didn't give this the top rating was because my waitress was a little short with us through out the evening and I don't know why. None the less, it was frustrating to ask her for something and have her give us an annoyed look. Other than that strange behavior from our one server, the food and atmosphere was great.

Melbourne, Florida
“Best meal we have had in years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was a fantastic experience. The ambiance and the food was delicious. I ordered the tenderloin and maine lobster tail combo. My husband ordered Chicken Saltimboca. Both were delicious. The lobster bisque was very good, and the caprese salad was also excellent.

This restaurant is extremely pricey, but one would expect that for such a beautiful setting, in the Sagamore Resort. The live piano music, and the view of the lake added to the ambiance. We were not staying there, but considered this a nice treat that we will remember fondly.

Clifton Park, New York
“Great lunch, excellent service, spectacular view..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

My wife and I had lunch at La Bella Vita Restorante today; La Bella Vita is located at The Sagamore Restort on Lake George in Bolton Landing, NY. We originally planned to dine at the Pavillion; but, due to impending rain, we were recommended to La Bella Vita. We are so glad. My wife had the Classic Main Lobster Roll served with french fries... she said this Lobster Roll topped the Lobster Roll she had at the 4 Seasons Maui (now that's saying something). I had the Grilled Fish of the Day (swordfish) sandwich with house salad. The sandwich was served on a new england roll with Lemon Aioli. This was a delicious sandwich; the swordfish was finished perfectly and the roll was firm but soft, which made for easy eating.. We selected seating on the porch overlooking Lake George, what a spectacular view. Great lunch, excellent service, spectacular view....we will definitely return.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Upstate, NY
“local review”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

I am 48yrs old. I have been a guest at the Sagamore in the past. My experience as a guest years ago was nothing to write home about it was fine but average. I have many years in the hospitality industry but I am not a hotel/restaurant snob. I have the deepest appreciation for a job well done whether the venue is the local greasy spoon or a luxury spot in the neighborhood.I can camp in a tent just as easily as staying at the Sagamore. But my last experience here was just pathetic.
We visited the Sagamore last night for Lake George Restaurant Week We made reservations the week before ( we were told they had no available seating for June 9th. Which I wonder now if that was because we mentioned the promotional menu) Our reservation included our contact number. On June14th when we arrived, we were seated and then informed that there had been a mistake made by the Lake George Chamber of Commerce and that the Sagamore was only participating for a portion of restaurant week. The party next to us were also locals that had made their reservation days prior, they did not receive a courtesy call either. The manager came out to apologize however his "hands were tied" We also spoke to the GM who offered to make us a reservation in another restaurant. The dining room was empty, the promotional menu was the same offerings on the regular menu. The profit margin for an item would have been the same profit margin that the Sagamore was willing to accept for Mon-Thurs. I worked in the service industry in Lake George and Bolton for almost 30 years and many years booking national trade shows. I would call this the worst example of customer relations I have ever encountered. Sadly for the Sagamore one of the members of our party is a Luxury Travel agent who has booked their $800+ a night rooms for her clients. Guessing she was less than impressed with your level of service. We were told that Restaurant week ended on Thursday June 16th by Sagamore management. We showed management the website, they blamed the Chamber and again, told us there was just nothing they could do. I ran a business I Bolton and was a chamber member. Promotions are clearly defined. When a business takes advantage of a promotion that the Chamber is advertising for you that would mean you participate for the entire time of the event. Every other Restaurant that participated honored the schedule they signed on to. June 9-June 15, 2013. Three words, BAD BUSINESS SAGAMORE. The Sagamore Resort had our contact number yet never attempted contacted us to say that we would not be able to take advantage of this promotion. We made plans around this promotion, drove quiet a distance and left hungry and shocked at the horrible level of service in a hotel that is considered premier hotel. It was a classic bait and switch.
Our leaving had nothing to do with affordability, it was principle. Did they really expect us to stay and enjoy a meal advertised for one price, then offer to us at an inflated price? If they had even bothered to offer our party ANYTHING to compensate for the "mistake" that obviously was not OUR mistake, we would have stayed. The we don't care what the advertisement said, we don't care that you drove here or that you are local or book rooms for us and tough luck for you attitude was just insulting. Again BAD BUSINESS.
We left and went to another locally owned restaurant where we happily spent 3 times the amount we had planned on. We had a great meal and great service. Our wait was longer than we were told on our arrival and guess what? They apologized for our wait and offered a free appetizer. Thank you Brunetto's you were more than accommodating taking us without reservation.

3 Thank JohnandT