“An Escape to Simpler Times”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bolton Landing
Candlelight Cottages LLC on Lake George
Loudon, Tennessee
“An Escape to Simpler Times”
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

During May of this year, I along with 11 other men stayed at Candlelight Cottage for some awesome spring fishing on Lake George. This is my fifth year but the group has stayed here since 2000. Mark and Heidi who own and operate the business are awesome hosts. The group usually rents 6 cottages, 2 men to a cottage. The cottages are always spotlessly clean and very well maintained. Although basic they are very comfortable. Dockage is provided for our boats in close proximity to each cottage. Dockside power is also available to recharge batteries. This year wifi was added for the guest. The mountain and lake views from each cabin are inspiring. The weather in May is ever changing and there is always a cool breeze coming off the lake. The lake waters are crystal clear and clean. There is a swimming area in front of the cottages for the guest. Anyone looking for an escape to simpler times where the focus is to relax and just let life happen should consider Candlelight. It's my favorite!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank GeorgeJupin

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
U.S
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed in Candlelight cottages for 2 nights / 3 days. We stayed in Cottage A which is a 2 bedroom and right in front of the lake. We had a very good experience. The cottage was basic but provided all amenities and was clean. We were right on the lake and the views from the Patio overlooked the lake. We really enjoyed our stay. We had a choice between the 1 bedroom cottage I and 2 bedroom cottage A. The one bedroom cottage I offers a wider span of view but is farther away from the lake with the parking coming in-between. However, we opted for Cottage A even though it was a 2 bedroom because the weather predicted a rain and it would have required us to sit inside the cottage and view the lake if we had taken the one bedroom. The reason is that the porch is not fully covered. However, the two bedroom has a covered porch. So, we decided to take it. One point to note is that this is not a normal hotel, so maid service is not provided on a daily basis. They do provide you clean sheets if you need them. We had no complaints and really enjoyed our time there. One recommendation for the owners is to probably cut or shorten the three trees in front of cottage A because although we had a good view, we could have had a great view without the trees. This is the only reason I would give this a 4 star versus a 5 star. Otherwise, we really had a great experience.

Room Tip: Choose cottage A if you need a two bedroom. It's right in front of the lake or Cottage I if you...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank caribbeanvacation
Largo, Florida
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Just posted my first ever review from my recent trip to an amazing cabin in TN and decided to pay may duties to this place as well! I've visited Candlelight in September of 2003 and in May of 2008. Both experiences were awesome!!! Loved lake view cabins, loved Lake George and the mountains, owners were A+, the whole thing was pleasant and I left the place with only good memories of my stay! Yes, I prefer newly-built cabins and new appliances etc., but regardless of Candlelight being a bit too old for me, I still enjoyed every second of it!!! In 2003 I was young and that was my first ever mountains/cabins experience and in 2008 I came back to share that experience with a love of my life. We now have two daugters and one day I would like to take them were it's all started...
Andy from FL
P.S They don't give you an option to choose neither 2003 nor 2008 so that's why I marked September 2012 as "Date of stay".

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Andy A
CandlelightGM, Owner at Candlelight Cottages LLC on Lake George, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
We appreciate the time you took to write the review and thank you for your kind words about your experience at CANDLELIGHT COTTAGES. Although many of our cottages were built quite some time ago, we invest in the property every year. All the cottages have AC and for the chilly days in the off-season, there are heaters in the bathroom that also serve as towel warmers. Most of the cottages have glass top stoves and new refrigerators. Many of our guests enjoy the gazebo near the water and the fire ring to roast marshmallows in the evening. We welcome you to return with your family and enjoy all we have to offer!
Norwalk, Iowa
Reviewed October 29, 2012

What a nice resort. The owners were very nice and helpful. The cottage we were in was clean, modern and curled in the trees. I wish the weather had been sunny instead of cloudy and raining because I would have loved setting on the patio and enjoying the surroundings. I would highly recommend this resort to couples and families. It is only 5 miles from the interstate but you wouldn't know it. When we arrived after dark Heidi told us that the road to the lake was narrow, steep, and there were no lights so we might want to wait until morning to see the lake area. Boy was she right. If we are ever back in this area we would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jlg919
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our resort. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future. Our property does include over 14 acres of property and 300 feet of lake front. We have a private, paved road about 1/2 mile long from the entrance of the resort to the lake front. For everyone's safety and enjoyment, we do request that guests drive slowly (5-10 MPH) and take their time as they drive along our road. Although the road is not lit at night, guests seem to quickly become comfortable with the ride through our property.
Beijing, China
Reviewed October 3, 2012

the candlelight cottage on lake george has been our favorite stay during our whole trip in the east. after a break-taking drive from thousand islands area to lake george, just when we thought nothing can surprise us more, the drive just end it with such a wonderful arrival at this decent lake lodge at Candlelight Cottage, we are welcomed to this cosy, convenient, even trendy, wooden lodge, facing right toward the lake, you don't make the first impression twice, and it keeps amazing us during the whole time, we love the play yard ,love the view from the lodge, love the facility, love the way the room was arranged, simply tiptop. and Heidi been very easy to communicate and helpful. me and my other 2 friends had really great time, only wish it could be longer, and definitely would recommend it to every one who'd seek a great stay near lake george, and we would love to come back whenever possible.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Ocean View, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Candlelight Cottages very much. The Cottage was rustic, but clean and with everything you need inside. Beds were comfortable and the mountain air coming in through the open windows made for a great nights sleep. We stayed in a hillside cottage with a beautiful view of the lake and mountains. The kids enjoyed the recreation room and were up there almost every night. Mark and Heidi were wonderful hosts, helpful and always willing to give any information/tips you needed. The grounds were clean and beautiful, and Mark came by every morning to clean out the old, used charcoal from the grill. The kayaks and rowboats were wonderful to be able to go out for a early morning or late evening row on the lake. We even took our trolling motor and attached it to one of the rowboats, and went out on many sunrise fishing trips. This is a perfect spot for a family vacation ... reasonable prices, and close in proximity to everything you would want to see or do in the Lake George area. Will definitely go back again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Nancy K
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Great place to stay! The cottages are basic as you'd expect but still have all the mod cons. The location makes it though, right on the lake and the view from our cottage (one bedroom) was just perfect. Bolton Landing village is only 5 mins away and has plenty of restaurants, grocery store etc. Also close to the interstate for driving there. The only downside was the driveway down to the lakeside cottages, narrow and steep and a bit scary in places.

• Stayed September 2012
#2 of 8 in Bolton Landing
Blue Lagoon Resort
Blue Lagoon Resort
#1 of 5 in Diamond Point

Been to Candlelight Cottages LLC on Lake George? Share your experiences!