“Great experience”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Bolton Landing
NJ
“Great experience”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I was coming to Lake George to photograph a wedding and had to find a hotel QUICK on our 4 hour ride North because the hotel I originally booked with did not keep my reservation. After a few calls to places which were booked, I luckily found this hotel. Granted, our cottage probably had not been updated since 1970ish BUT the linens were clean, bathroom was clean, and TV/coffee maker were new. We had an efficiency one bedroom with a nice Lake View. I can't complain because when we called to book the person I spoke with was wonderful! Not only did he take my reservation but when my call got disconnected in the mountains he called me back. A little while later into our drive, I had to call with a question and no one answered. OK - I didn't leave a message. The guy called back and said "Hi, I think I missed your call this is Bonnie View." Wow, this really impressed me and I was so grateful because I was so stressed out from my last hotel experience. This person put me at ease. The housekeeper was great as well, I think it was Amanda or Amber, she had a lot of good suggestions on the area which were really helpful. So we arrived 10:30 pm, at night the dock was nice with a view of the Sagamore in the distance (this hotel is about 2 miles from Sagamore drive) In the AM the sunrise was beautiful, it's quiet, there are 2 entries to the lake and swimming area which were very clean with toys for the kids. There is a heated pool at furthest area from the lake, playgrounds for the kids (2 separate playgrounds that I saw), great customer service, row boats you can use with your room rental (no extra charge), lots of deck chairs and a dock to tie your boat to. Even though this place is a bit dated I think this is still a nice place for a family vacation. I would go back with my kids and recommend to my friends. Thank you Bonnie View for your hospitality.

Room Tip: No room service here and an $11 charge if you want maid service daily. Ah, I can clean up after mys...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank juliet316
Dylan D, Front Office Manager at Bonnie View on Lake George, responded to this review, July 3, 2015
Thank you for your positive review! We are glad to hear we were able to help you out of a tight spot! All of our motel rooms and efficiencies come with daily maid service included in the nightly rate. Our cottages come with a middle of the stay towel change but have the choice to add on daily maid service for an additional daily fee. We hope to see you again soon! :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
hartsdale, NY
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time staying here and u liked it a lot. We stayed in a motel room surrounding the pool and it was an excellent location. To walk to the lake is a nice walk and the lake front was always clean with lot of places to sit. Only a few negatives: you need a car and be prepared to use it. There are no stores within walking distance. The tennis court is made of asphalt, it's fine for light recreational play, but would be very hard if you happen to fall. The kayak is a bit unsteady. Spend the money, drive to the sagamore and rent one from the company operated out of there . They are just better boats. I would definitely stay here again, manager most helpful.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank sundancemagic
Thank you for your positive review! We appreciate your feedback! The nearest grocery store is one and a half miles north in Bolton Landing. However there are several restaurants within walking distance (less than 1000 feet) from the entrance of the resort. We hope to see you again soon!
Stratford, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We went on vacation with my family and we had a very nice time. However, the rooms in cottages are very old and really need to be updated. I guess there are some rooms that have been updated, and I wish we had gotten one of those instead. I also wished there was a sandy beach you could walk into, but you have to walk down metal steps to get to the water and it wasn't the best for my 1 year old. It is quiet and nice area though, there are a lot of activities-playgrounds for children, boat rentals, shuffleboard, tennis, etc. The pool is nice and much warmer than the lake.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Amy W
Thank you for your positive review! We appreciate your feedback. Next time you come visit, let us know you prefer one of the newly renovated cottages and we will honor your request! We hope to see you again soon!
Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was my first time staying at the Bonnie View, not my first in Lake George. I was so happy with the staff, they were always so nice and always available. My two sons (11 and 8) and I had a poolside motel room, it was perfect. It was large, clean, comfortable, had a huge closet and three chairs outside for us to relax on. We were with a large group that had cabins which were also really nice, great sizes and comfortable for families of all sizes. The lake entrance was really nice, the dock was great fun for the kids. The location is great you can easily take a nice walk into Bolton or it's a very short drive. Can't wait to go back next year :)

Room Tip: If you have no children I would ask to stay closest to the lake for great views. With children any...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MagicalJulie
Thank you for your great review! We enjoy hearing what a great time our guests have at Bonnie View and hope to see you again in the near future! :)
Massapequa, New York, United States
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Okay before you read this, understand that no resort (except maybe the Saggamore) is going to be in the conditions of a 5 star hotel. These are lakeside resorts/cabins and aren't meant to look like the penthouse in a Hilton hotel.

But besides that, I stayed at Bonnie View for 10+ years all throughout my childhood, and it is the best place I have ever stayed. I've been going to Lake George since the year I was born, and every summer after that (I am now 20). Bonnie view has a wonderful staff and owners who are always looking to help in any way they can. The whole resort as a whole is wonderful, including things that many other places in Lake George do not have (two playgrounds, a tennis court, ping pong tables, a large heated pool, shuffle board, etc). In addition, the Lake Front is absolutely gorgeous and is the best I've seen at any resort. There is so much room for swimming and also tons of dock space for boating. Also, there are so many chairs for laying out by the water. Bonnie view is definitely a family environment and great for kids of any age. The overall atmosphere of this resort is such a happy, relaxed one. People come to Bonnie View for decades on end because it is such a wonderful place. More than half the people I've met here are regulars who come back every summer.

There are absolutely no complaints about this place, and I can say that honestly because I have been here so many summers in a row. The resort is huge and has many different options for room types. The prices are completely affordable. If you want to have a wonderful, relaxing week with a phenomenal view of Lake George, this is the place for you.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
12 Thank Emily M
Thank you for your great review! We hope to see you again soon! :)
Westport, CT
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We booked the Bonnie View based on these reviews. We expected it to be rustic so were prepared for a little " roughing it." Yes, the lake front proximity and the views of the lake are great but that is it. To start listing all of the downsides: if you are staying in the motel rooms around the pool you will find the rooms and the pool right on the busy road-something you can't tell at all from their web site. The "cottages" are downright disgusting. Clean, yes, as the reviews state. The housekeeping staff does a good job with what what they have. However, the cottages haven't been updated since 1970 at least. We did not even want to put our bare feet on the old linoleum flooring in the kitchen/living area or the old shag rug in the bedroom. The blankets and bed spreads on the bed looked just as old. I couldn't bare to use the blanket. I just kept thinking of the hundreds of people who must have used that same old, pilly blanket. I used the sheets only which were nice and clean. Also had a roll away bed, opened it and a large dead bug fell out. Stove barely worked. Couldn't regulate the tempature on the stove and the burners took forever to heat up. Old stove top camping coffee maker in cottages-no modern coffee maker. How much could it cost them to buy some Mr. coffees for their cottages??? So much more that bothered me that I can't list it all. Peeling paint on all the adirondack chairs, garbage in the water and on the sand floor around the docks; huge pile of trash and discarded items including toilets on the left as you drive into the "resort"; Tennis court full of tree debris so not usable; grounds not at all manicured and no effort to curtail bugs and large black ants which are everywhere; RUDE owners and front desk staff and on and on. Do yourself a favor and stay anywhere else.;

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank LynWestportCT
Dylan D, Front Office Manager at Bonnie View on Lake George, responded to this review, July 5, 2015
Thank you for your feedback! We are sorry that Bonnie View did not reach your expectations. We tried very hard to please you. We moved you from a Motel Room to a Cottage at no additional charge despite the rate change between the accommodations. When you informed us you were leaving because of a medical issue with your child, we gave you a full refund on the balance. We tried to be as helpful and understanding as possible. While some components are dated, the linoleum floor in the cottage was less then two weeks old. We had just replaced it.
Long Island, Ny
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Went up to Bolton for a graduation party- have family in the area so always stayed at their homes. Decided this trip to stay right on the lake and picked a winner. We stayed in the Beachview Motel Room and was quite pleased. It's not 5 Star but very clean and comfortable. Lake access was wonderful - whole resort was clean - maybe some areas a little outdated but would recommend and will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sOccermOm94_13
Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bolton Landing
Fort William Henry Hotel and Conference Center
The Sagamore Resort
The Sagamore Resort
#1 of 8 in Bolton Landing

Been to Bonnie View on Lake George? Share your experiences!