“Beautiful”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bolton Landing
Melody Manor Resort
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Bolton Landing
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Just went to Melody Manor with some friends for the weekend and I honestly cant say enough great things about this place. The property is so well kept and beautiful, our room was huge and clean, and the views of the lake are amazing! We ended up eating at the restaurant on the property (Villa Napoli) both nights cause the staff and food were that good! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jamie B

Reviewed August 23, 2013

It had been 45 years since I had last been at Melody Manor (as a student from N Ireland working at the restaurant) and I was surprised and delighted by how beautiful, picturesque and peaceful it still was. The views from our room were absolutely magnificent and changed by the minute depending on the sun, the clouds and the morning mist. In fact there was an almost mystical quality to the whole panorama that will forever remain with us. Rose was an exceptional hostess who made us feel extremely welcome and went out of her way to ensure that we were comfortable. My wife and I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending the Melody Manor resort and we hope to return sometime in the near future.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Its funny how 10 people can go to the same place and all have different things to say about it. I am a 28 y/o well traveled person with certain expectations but not too high maintenance. I loved it here. There property is beautiful, the rooms are spacious, there are kayaks and other water activities and a great view. I dont know what the other reviewers were saying about the room unless theres is outdated..? Ours is just fine. The location is nice too, youre not right in Lake George but a short drive down one road. And then you have BOlton Landing right near you too which has cute shops and eateries. I'm sure I could find something to complain about if I wanted but I had a really nice time. :)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2013

alot of things must have been updated. the bathroom though small was all updated and clean. the room was very clean, and updated, except for the sliding door screen.Ours was stuck. Could use a new ping pong table and an overhead so your out of the sun and rain. The pool was definately redone. There were umbrellas for shade, at the tables.
Just beware of the surcharges for more than 2 people. Don't quite understand that! The property was beautiful, and we were able to use the kayaks every day. If it gets crowded I don't know if that will be the case.

Room Tip: Lakeside, definately!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Maryann c
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I had to check out a day early. I am never one to complain online either. But this place was very poor. Mold on bathroom ceiling and baseboards. The room had a terrible smell to it that clearly the staff was trying to cover up with cleaning products. Ants on walls. (And not just one ant) the mattress was to soft, and felt like it was 20+ year's old. No elastic on sheets so they kept falling off and found myself sleeping straight on dirty mattress. Cleaning staff very nasty too. Towels smelled and I refused to shower there. My wife and 2 daughters complained to me so much that I just hopped in car and relocated to another motel. View of lake was in fact very nice and the grounds are nice too. But trust me,the room I stayed in was deplorable and I wouldnt stay for free.

• Stayed: August 2013
6  Thank bigdance1
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife and I recently spent 3 nights at this gorgeous resort just south of Bolton Landing on the eastern shore of Lake George. Tucked in the corner of beautiful Huddle Bay, this resort offers a wonderful view, convenient location, a fantastic restaurant (the best pappardelle bolognese this side of Italy), and a clean and friendly environment. Our room was clean, comfortable, and I don't think any room is more than 200 steps to the water edge. Villa Napoli: Conveniently located on the property, we thought at most enjoy this place for one or two meals. Well...we ended up eating every breakfast and dinner here. (They are closed between 11-4p when we just snacked for lunch anyway). Excellent breakfast menu with lots of options. Dinner was better than any Italian restaurant we have dined at in NYC and beyond. The property was clean and well manicured. Perched on a cliff over looking the lake, it provides an excellent view. With the lake and access to a boat docked in one of the 3 private slips, we didn't spend much time by the pool, tennis court, basketball slab, shuffle board or ping pong table (although it was tempting).

Hope this was helpful. We cannot wait to begin an annual tradition when we return next summer!

Room Tip: We had a corner room on the ground floor of a two story building that faced the water. Walking out...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michael M
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We recently stayed at Melody Manor Resort for one week, and I must say we were extremely pleased! The room was very comfortable, clean and updated. The bathroom was also modern and clean. Fresh linens and towels. The view of the lake from our room was spectacular! (All rooms face the lake). Overall, the property is beautiful, well maintained and very tranquil. With all the amenities provided - lakefront, pool, tennis, kayak, paddleboats... to name a few, there is no need to leave the resort, except to take a drive and view the surrounding beauty of Bolton Landing. Breakfast is great (especially the banana/walnut pancakes) - reasonably priced, great service. Villa Napoli offers a delicious authentic Italian menu. Melody Manor Resort is the next best property to the Sagamore. We will definitely return in the near future. Highly recommend.

Dais L.

Room Tip: Great lake view on second floor (staircase only)
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
The Lodges at Cresthaven
#12 of 89 in Lake George
Contessa Lake George Motel & Resort
Boathouse Bed and Breakfast A Lake Castle Estate on Lake George

Been to Melody Manor Resort? Share your experiences!