“Do not skip this!”

Adirondack Extreme Adventure Course
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Open April through November and located in beautiful Bolton Landing, NY just north of Lake George and Diamond Point, Adirondack Extreme boasts over 1.5 miles of thrilling aerial adventures on 6 adult courses and includes wobbly bridges, climbing walls, zip lines and swinging surprises at varying levels of height and difficulty. Not your average ropes course OR zipline park. We are the countries #1 rated Aerial adventure park!! Our park operates RAIN or SHINE. Kids Course (7+), Jr, Adult (9-11), Adult and Extreme Adult (12+) See our website for height requirements. Reservations extremely recommended. Call to reserve (park does sell out)
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Stroller parking, Activities for older children
Greenwich, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Do not skip this!”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Great fun with my 15 year old daughter. A physical challenge in the best of ways. If you like outdoor exercise and a good 'ole treetop obstacle course- this is it! I wish I had taken her years ago because this will certainly be a repeated experience.

1 Thank Laur640

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Must Do, Awesome Experience!”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

If you aren't afraid of heights and are in half-decent physical condition, this is a must do! Very unique and fun, challenging experience. We went with a group of 10 friends. Out of our group of 10 twenty-somethings, two gave in at the end of level three and the rest of us completed the whole thing.

The course is made up of five levels, which get increasingly more difficult. Each level includes about 15 challenges including swings, nets, wobbly logs, zip lines, etc.. Completing five levels takes 3-4 hours, making the levels that much more difficult as your body fatigues. You work through the course at your own pace and the end of each "level" gives you a chance to take a break or "give in". If you decide mid-course to give up, the staff will harness you down. From there you can walk the path below to follow along with your group.

Generally the cost is $45 plus an additional few dollars for gloves. (Highly recommend the gloves.) Go to the adirodack extreme website for coupons....they offer $10 off for "Early Bird Special" 8:30 am, 9am or "Twilight Special" 4pm, 4:30 pm, and 5pm slots. Would highly recommend the "Early Bird" or the 4:00 because the park closes and the later slots may not have time to finish! Plus the early time slots help you to avoid crowds...going at 4:00 we got stuck behind a few crowds in the earlier levels, which slowed us down.

Visited July 2011
2 Thank Court213
Winter Haven, Florida
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Great Fun!!”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

This is amazing!! My 15 year old son and I went and had a blast. Very glad I read some reviews before going- gloves and long shorts are a must! Dress in layers because you do work up a sweat. Make sure you have good upper body strength and core. Take your time and enjoy the experience. I bounced back on the long zip line and the guides were right under me telling me what to do. We will be talking about this for years. One of the best things we have done on vacation!

1 Thank 63Kathyd
Oneonta, NY
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“What a RUSH!”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

If you are the least bit inclined to test your limits in a safe yet adrenaline rich environment ... this is YOUR place. The staff is 100% professional, the pre-course training is easy to understand, and the equipment is top notch. I never once felt like my safety was in question.

The courses were awesome. Each of the elements had its own challenge. Some were a piece of cake... some were "just hang on and DO IT." My friend and I (our first time on any ropes course) completed courses one through four. By the time we got to five, which required that you be able to hold yourself with just your arms and hands, we knew that our upper body strength was spent. So, we made a pact to come back and conquer course five. I'll give an update when we do that.

It was a rush.... it was a thrill... it felt like sheer freedom in the trees. The zip lines were phenomenal and the variety of elements kept us occupied and interested for hours.

I highly recommend Adirondack Extreme. There is no experience like it that I have ever found. I can't wait to get back there and conquer course #5!!

Visited July 2011
2 Thank JulesUpstate
Lake George, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Connecting with your inner monkey”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I've been to ADK extreme at least three times. it is so much fun and a great way to get active. I've only done the whole course once which I recommend doing if you are in shape. Otherwise I go all the way up to the last course and stop there. (The monkey bars are a little difficult). Great Experience!!!