See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 29, 2017

I tend to book rooms here for my Fiance who gets in off the train at 4am. The very rude nasty lady who has a serious attitude and no hospitality skills granted 12pm c/o. I called and asked at 11:40 to be transfered to the room. She stated noone was in there, which isn't true. She states she called the room to check if someone was in there, if he had 12pm check out why are you calling the room before then A and B why can't you just transfer me to the room WHICH HE WAKES UP TO A VIBRATING PHONE IN THE MORNING. how can you say someone checked out just by calling the room he could of been in the shower, now she placed him on the do not rent list. I am a hotel front desk agent and Everyone else that works there but her has good hospitality skills but she has to go. If you can keep someone so nasty who doesn't even know how o run rooms properly how can you run a motel especially when hes checking in at 4am, and still paying 100$?

Room tip: Don't call until 3pm when the womans not at the desk shes not nice.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

Formerly the Triangle Inn, the Lakeland Inn attempts to change the reputation of this hotel. For starters they should remove the 2" thick bulletproof glass from the front desk; this is supposed to resemble a hotel, and not a 24 hr liquor store. Rooms are fairly clean but very dated. The carpet was somewhat sticky, which leads me to wonder what types of fluid remnants am I stepping on - I would not step without footwear. The neighborhood is noisy - police sirens and loud cars/motorcycles driving by. The door was drafty, the a/c noisy and there were bright fluorescent lights just outside the window, which even with lights out looked like it was daylight in the room. There were broken pieces of Q-Tip swabs under the head of the bed. We were there for about 5-6 hours and could not get a good nights sleep. The icing on the cake was when the first planes started leaving the airport at 6:00 - it sounded like they were right outside the door. This hotel needs a major overhaul - new lighting, doors, trim, paint, beds, a/c, decor, etc. Seedy is probably the appropriate term for this place. True it was $68 with tax, but based on our stay it should be 1/2 that. We definitely won't be back.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2016

Don't let the appearance of the lobby/office fool you or the photos found on their website. All of that appears to be very nice. However the rooms are small, dirty, poorly lite and drafty. We couldn't even open the door as there was a problem with the key & lock. The air conditioner barely cooled the room. The headboard was falling off of the wall. We found cigarette burn holes on the bedspread as well as burn marks on the carpet, dresser and bathtub. I can see why as this was a smoking room but no ashtray was provided. Made you wonder how other rooms were ashing their cigarettes and if the place would accidentally be set on fire. When my cell phone accidentally fell behind the nightstand we pulled it out where we found various drug paraphernalia. The most disgusting place I have ever spent the night in. We did not feel safe. We paid $100 to stay in what we feel was a crack motel. There was heavy rains that day making the steps leading up to our second floor room very slippery. Was afraid of falling. Would have been more comfortable sleeping in our car but it was raining. After this experience the next hotel/motel we might have to walk into off the street I will be demanding to see the room first.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2016

Did not want to pay the price of a room in the Hamptons when I only needed a place to sleep for one night. Price was decent so selected this place. Room was very basic, but it was clean. Nothing more, nothing less. Not new, but convenient to the route to where I was going.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 28, 2016 via mobile

This has to be one of the ugliest places we've stood at. The decor is hideous, tv is dated, towels we're so rough and that was just on my hands...the bed is one big wooden box and the room had a beat up AC/heating unit. Definitely not worth $89 for a night. Best thing I could say was that it was clean.

Date of stay: February 2016