“Great "red sauce" Italian”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Saviano's does pizza, but I went for the chicken Parm. No exaggeration - I took home enough for 3 more meals. The sauce was delicious, the chicken was tender, the pasta was cooked Al dente and didn't taste like it had been sitting in water waiting for someone to order. On Long Island, where pizzerias are on every block, this place really stands out.

Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

I had read mixed reviews about experiences at this restaurant but since it is a regular spot of some of my coworkers, I decided to give it a shot anyway. I was promptly greeted with a smile to have my order taken. I ordered several slices to share so I could taste a variety. The buffalo slice is delicious and doesn't overwhelm with buffalo flavor. The white was tasty but VERY heavy on the ricotta. The plain slice was average. I definitely plan to try this place again when I can eat in and sample the other dishes.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I have dined at Saviano's Italian Restaurant several times in the last 3 years and have enjoyed myself every time.

From the moment you enter and are greeted by the friendly hostess, or if you wander to close to the pizza preparation area, everyone is smiling and being friendly!

The food is typical of homestyle Italian cooking, lots of it! I have had several entrees and never been disappointed. If I go with other people, we always start off with calamari. If you get the oversized appetizer portion, with a side of pasta, that can be dinner!

The entrees have been universally delicious and plentiful. The fresh bread and olive oil set the stage for a pleasant meal.

I find that splitting the calamari appetizer, and ordering an entree usually leaves me with a portion for lunch the following day. This is true regardless of ordering lasagna, penne with vodka sauce, baked ziti or pasta Bolognese.

I think they have good desserts, judging what I see served to others, but have never been able to order one because I am usually quite satisfied!

It's a spot I always visit when I am in the area, and you should too!

1  Thank FloydBaran
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Saviano's is a place I go to frequently for dinner and lunch when I need a nice spot with a client, but don't want to go too far. It's just around the corner from my office and is definitely one of the best Italian spots in the area. Generous portions and the bread before your meal is awesome. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

This is your typical Italian fare restaurant - no frills - nothing fancy. The kitchen is in plain view and the restaurant itself is very noisy. The food is good - but again typical fare with nothing to write home about. The pizza kitchen is very busy and a lot of outgoing orders thus more noise. If your interested in a no frill, good food restaurant Saviano's fits the bill.