“Good diner food at a good price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Airport Restaurant

Airport Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 43 Restaurants in Bohemia
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Vestal, New York
“Good diner food at a good price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

I had a lunch special pastrami sandwich. It included a salad, fries, small dish of cole slaw, pickle half, and coffee all for just under $12. The pastrami was grilled and served on toasted bread with cheese and roasted peppers. I haven't had good pastrami in a long time (I live in upstate NY) and I really enjoyed this. The service was excellent. The waiter was attentive and professional.

• Visited February 2013

Wood Ridge, New Jersey
“Less than average diner food at expensive prices”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Came here for breakfast and an egg white omelette with onions, american cheese, and bacon with home fries and toast and coffee. $20?? At a diner? Should've been no more than $15. The egg white omelette wasn't cooked all the way through and the bacon seemed barely cooked through as well.

The milk they served us with the coffee in the those little cartridge cups was bad...I ripped 3 open and they were all bad....it was lumpy inside and after I opened it, it reeked of bad milk. That goes to show you how they store items that should be cold. Who knows what else they don't store at proper temps or reuse.

Service was nothing to speak of when it came to an explanation for the bad milk. This is easily one of the worst diners I've been to on Long Island and NJ.

• Visited December 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
“A classic diner with a large menu, a bit pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

If you've ever eaten in a diner, especially one in New York or New Jersey, you know what to expect. Large menu, desserts galore and breakfast all the time. You also know that being the menu is so large and varied, nothing can really be "special" or done just so.

I had the leg of lamb special and the meat was very tender, not too salty to my taste but not very flavorful either. Mashed potatoes were salty, but the spinach and mushroom side wasn't and had good flavor. Was pretty full after that, so no dessert, no matter how much I wanted to ;)

This is probably the cleanest diner I've ever been in. Decor was airplane themed, makes sense being nearly on the access road to ISP and very clean, almost new looking. Service was average, waitress was friendly but not particularly quick with refills or the check and the place wasn't that busy.

Prices were the expected range based on the food options available, but at least $2-$3 more than I expected for many of the items listed. I felt my meal was reasonable given the amount of food (entree,soup or salad, two sides), and the all too common nowadays $2.50 iced tea or soft drink. But there were many items over $20, some close to $25 or over. You can eat inexpensively and still be full, but it's not as easy to do that here as most other diners I've been to.

I'd come back, food was good if not great and it's close to the hotels, so if you don't know what you want to eat and don't want to tour Long Island looking for food, it's a good place to go.

• Visited September 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“A classic New York diner.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

Just a classic American diner. Fairly modern and clean. Pretty much has everything on the menu. Classic diner menu plus many Greek and Italian specialties. Breakfast all day.

1 Thank FlightSurgeon66
Hillside, New Jersey
“Great breakfast.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

After my wife and I left our hotel, we stopped here for breakfast. We both had the French toast and coffee. Both were excellent.

Visited June 2012