“Great fast food!”

California Cactus Cafe
Ranked #26 of 44 Restaurants in Bohemia
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Food is consistently fresh, affordable. Instead of the local burger fast food regulars, this is where I like to go for good, healthy eats!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

The service at this tiny little Mexican Cafe was extremely good, as well as the food. I had the Vegetarian Chili and was pleasantly surprised. It was a bit too spicy for me, but I don't like spicy at all so it was probably fine for others.

The only dislike is that they did not sell beer...I like to have beer with Mexican dishes.

Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

I have been eating at CC for the past 10 years. Sometimes I go a few times a week. The Mexican food offered is homemade and fresh. It is not the cheese and sour cream laden style mexican that I think people are used to. I get the Santa fe chicken wrap which is full of grilled chicken, fresh greens, roasted corn, poco, cheese, peppers and this delicious dressing. I have had the veggie chilli which comes with fresh tortilla chips and rice. Very good! The half quesadilla is also a great pic. The hard shell beef tacos are tasty. I must have tried the whole menu and have never been disappointed. I eat this food when I dieting and still lose weight. It's not fast food style food. It is light, healthy, flavorful Mexican. It is clean, the people working there are friendly, it's really a nice to have CC in my neighborhood. Average price for a meal is about 8 bucks. Try the mango salsa, my favorite.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

I was staying at a nearby hotel, and they offered the brochure for this place at the desk. I had assumed it was a decent place with perhaps sit-down service. It turned out to be little more than a walk-up carryout in a forgotten strip center. I ordered the 'grande' Beef burrito, which consisted of way to much hardened hamburger from the bottom of the pan, and an equal amount of rice. Nothing else that could be detected. It was supposed to include sour cream, guacamole, and cheese, but I literally never found these. Read my other reviews... I'm a pretty easy to please guy, but this place sucked. Much better choices close by.

1  Thank zjxtinpusher