“Be sure to go!”

Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza
Ranked #2 of 44 Restaurants in Bohemia
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed our sausage pizza and my tuna fish, arugula and lemon focaccia sandwich!! Wish I still had some! Waitress was sweet, manager came by to see if everything was good. Nice place!

I also left my pocketbook there and they handled that very professionally !

Be sure to go!

There are newer reviews for Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I was on my way to catch my flight home and was looking for my last taste of ny pizza. Not your local traditional Long Island pizza place but a pleasant experience . The pizza was very good and the staff was great. The pizza is made fresh so it take a little time but time well worth the wait. I did see a few locations in my travels around Long Island during my stay. My advice is pick your favorite toppings be ready to enjoy . Individual and and larger share pizza is available as well of other non pizza selections. Overall a good place for lunch or dinner .

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Long Island is truly full of great pizza places and Italian restaurants--so it is surprising that a modest chain restaurant was found to be so outstanding! I agree with another reviewer that they really should have got a bigger spot as the restaurant is small. (Get that Starbucks out of there next door!) However, there are many comfortable seats at the bar, which could be very handy for travelers using the airport. We had a party of 11 on a Saturday night and no reservations were taken (not the best circumstances). However, we waited about 45 min. and enjoyed a wonderful meal. We started with some fresh salads and coal-fired wings. Very good. Our pizzas had wonderful thin crusts, but not burnt. The sauce and toppings were delicious. My son had the meatballs and enjoyed them, and the eggplant was also very good. They serve sodas in the bottles, which means you know what you get and get a good sized amount for your $. Wait staff was very friendly. We will definitely return!

Reviewed March 14, 2014

We've yet to actually dine inside this restaurant. On our first attempt, there was a forty minute wait and the place was mobbed and very noisy and we didn't feel like waiting.. A few weeks later we decided to get take out and not have to deal with the crowds......this worked out well.

We called ahead and placed an order for a large pie ($15.99), small order (10 pieces -$10.99) of coal oven roasted chicken wings with caramelized onions and focaccia bread and a small salad. The order was ready in twenty minutes and everything in our order was correct.

All of our food was delicious! The pizza slices are rather small compared to the slices you would get at the local pizza place, but they were really, really good. We all loved the food and my family didn't have complaints about anything, rather we were commenting on how awesome everything was and that we can't wait to try this place again.

The restaurant does not take up the entire building which surprised me. Years ago this building was a HoJo's restaurant and after that, a diner. Anthonys doesn't have the space that the previous establishments did. In fact, the other part of the building is becoming a Starbucks I believe. It would have been great if they had all the space because I think they're going to need it with the crowds.

The only problem (and it's a big problem) is parking. The restaurant has very limited spaces and there are not many options close by to park without having to cross a busy road that doesn't see much pedestrian traffic and you would need to park in the lot of one of the local office buildings. We'll definitely try Anthonys again, but if we get there and I can't find a parking spot, we'll just go the takeout route again!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

My grandparents and I decided to try this new restaurant that had just opened up about two months ago. We walked in around 4pm and we were greeted at the door and sat within five minutes of waiting. Our waiter was very knowledgable and friendly and did not rush us to order. There was so many options of different pizzas, we finally decided upon a broccoli rabe and sausage pizza, and plain pizza with extra sauce, and a chicken sandwich from the lunch menu. The waiter informed us that it would be more cost effective to order one large pizza and split it half regular and half broccoli rabe and sausage so thats exactly what we did! We thought that was very considerate of him since he could have just had us pay more for two pizzas without knowing. The pizza comes out and the waiter served each of us our first piece. The pizza has a thin crust and is absolutely delicious! As we were eating we noticed more and more people were coming in and by the time we left the wait for a table was up to 45 minutes! We also saw so many people coming in to pick up orders to take out. With this restaurant being directly across from MacArthur airport, I'm sure they will always be packed with travelers and regulars who live in the area. We will definitely be back again!