La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
$188
$134
Courtyard
$199
All reviewslong islandmacarthur airporthard boiled eggsroom was cleanyogurtstay there againother hotelsfree breakfast isbreakfast barvisit familyfree shuttlenice place to staymake your own waffleschecking inwaffle makershuttle serviceexercise room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 24, 2014

First off, the front doors are NOT locked at night like they say they are. I walked in at almost 2 a.m. to find front doors not locked, not requiring a key, and no one at the front desk to even monitor who came in. Most times when walking by the front desk later in the evening there was no one there. Next day we left at 12:30 and returned at 5:30 p.m. to find our room not cleaned yet. Went to the front desk and they said they were not done cleaning rooms yet they will get to us in an hour or so. When I questioned this another woman started making excuses saying they were sold out last night, they were short a person, you had the do not disturb sign on etc. I asked how long it normally takes to clean the rooms and again she gave me the same excuses. I also told them that the room next to us had been left wide open for the past hour and she questioned me seeming not to believe me. she finally agreed to come upstairs and talk to the cleaning woman. the cleaning woman told me she checked my room at 12:30 and the do not disturb sign was in so she had not been back yet because she was busy (5 hours later). There are 3 cleaning people and only 132 rooms so not sure why it took over 5 hours to even come back to my room to check. Again told me it would be an hour before they cleaned the room. when I said that was not acceptable because I had 2 little kids getting ready for bed they finally agreed to send someone up to clean it at 6 p.m.--Ridiculous. The woman at the front desk who came up with me to deal with this was very rude to other guests rolling her eyes at them directly in front of me. Floor tiles were cracked in the elevator and in front of elevator on our floor. Beds and pillows are hard and very uncomfortable. If you sleep in any position other than on your side you wake up with a sore back or neck. Would NOT stay here again!

Room Tip: Do not get a room near the elevator!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank danielle v
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I have been staying periodically at this LaQuinta and have never been disappointed in the great service! I highly recommend. From the front desk, to the rooms and breakfast offerings, I am quite pleased. I also travel with a companion animal. They accommodate them nicely, especially since getting the pet area on property.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank Annette H
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I've stayed here many times for many reasons. The hotel appears new, the grounds are well kept, but the parking is oddly situated. Most of the parking is behind the hotel, far from the main entrance. There's a semi-circular driveway for checking in and out, but getting to and from the parked car could have been better. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Lobby and breakfast area were both clean and spacious. Breakfast itself was just fine, with the usual La Quinta fare: make your own Belgium waffles, cereals, breads, yogurt, fruit, coffee, tea and juices. Rooms are spacious, clean and quiet. Large desk for working. Comfy beds. Each room has a flat screen TV, microwave and fridge. Exercise room is not huge but adequate. This reviewer did not use or see the pool.
The location of the hotel is especially convenient to Islip-MacArthur Airport and there are a variety of restaurants nearby.
I would gladly stay hear again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ohcyn66
Reviewed July 22, 2014

They first gave me a room where the door was adjar and kids were in there. Then a second room literally was the worst condition of any carpet I've stayed in for 10+ years. And they would not even give me a $20 discount. I checked in around midnight, so I had little choice but to take.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed July 19, 2014

First time stay at this hotel. Upon check we signed a form consenting to the terms of having a pet, our dog, in our room. One of the 'rules' was housekeeping would not provide room service unless and until you called the front desk and requested it. We checked in on a Friday and did not request room service until Sunday at a time when we would be out of the room. When we got back to the hotel in the early afternoon the room had not been done. I called down to the desk to remind them and re-requested service after 3 PM when, again, we would be leaving the building. When we got back that night the room was still not made up. Too late to call I went to the front desk the next morning to voice a complaint. Apologies, and I was assured the room would be done that morning after we left. You can probably fill in the next line. Yes, the room was not made up. Now, in a slightly more animated fashion, I went to the front desk again and had a conversation with a manager who proceeded to say the following.....'I'm not saying your a liar', however, our room service people claim they have made up your room every day since you got here. Wow, Interesting choice of words to throw at a customer I thought and after telling her how I felt at being referred to as a liar, I suggested we set up a lie detector in her office and I would volunteer to go first followed by the same people that claim to have made up our room......every day. PS, I mused, interesting that 'they made up the room the first two days', when we never requested it. Per your rules, any guest with a pet has to make that very request to have their room made up! No response. None needed. We won't be racing back to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family