La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
$152
$167
$159
Hyatt.com
All reviewslong islandmacarthur airporthard boiled eggsroom was cleanyogurtstay there againother hotelsfree breakfast isbreakfast barvisit familyfree shuttlenice place to staymake your own waffleschecking inwaffle makershuttle serviceexercise room
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I have stayed here several times before. It is most convenient to Long Island Islip Airport. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and roomy. Only complaint is that there is limited breakfast foods--mostly frozen things and sugary items which I don't eat. Would like to have eggs and sausage, etc. Also, at night there is no place close for food and nothing in the hotel. Other than that, it is a great place for a couple of nights.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view towards the airport.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I would not recommend this hotel as the Staff were very ignorant and didn't care when my child was hurt at the pool, we were actually told that since there was One yellow sign that said wet floor it wasn't there job to keep the floor dry. I think it was a great disappointment because I might have stayed at another LaQuinta if I didn't have such a bad taste in my mouth from this visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed June 5, 2014

This hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly and very helpful. Breakfast's (if up early enough) are tasty and plentiful. This was our 4th stay at this hotel and had a pleasant stay. Will stay here again when in town.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I need a room on short notice, unexpected funeral. After driving 6 hours, I was happy to find a room. The front desk was professional and very accommodating. My room was clean and just what I needed. I had a great night sleep, bed was exceptionally comfortable and it was quiet, no need for earplugs!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 30, 2014

So after writing a great review of this motel last year, I had the opportunity to stay there again. This time around my stay left a lot to be desired, and based on my second visit I would NOT be willing to stay there again.

I was a traveling by myself (female) and arrived at the motel after midnight, coming directly from the airport (5 minutes away). The front parking lot was full so I had to park in the back. Saw a well-lit door in the back so I quickly made my way to the door, only to find it locked. I could see the Reception desk inside, and knocked on the door to get someone's attention. There was a man behind the Reception desk who waved at me - he had heard me knock, but didn't make any effort to open the door. I knocked again, and this time he yelled "it's locked"...DUH...why do you think I'm knocking??? I stood there for about 5 minutes and he did nothing. I dragged my suitcase through the dark parking lot and entered through the front door - this was quite a distance, and I wasn't feeling terribly safe since there was a large, loud group of guys that had assembled around a car in the front parking lot. In fact, when I got to the desk I heard someone complaining about this "mob" and they asked the guy behind the desk to do something about them. When I walked up to the Reception desk the guy recognized me and immediately repeated "the door is locked at night" story, and I explained to him that I wasn't feeling terribly safe walking around in the dark. By this time it was getting close to 1:00am, I had been traveling all day, and I decided to drop the issue in an attempt to get into my room.

Got my room key, went up to my room, opened the door and when I turned on the light I discovered someone sleeping in the room. Clothing was draped over a chair, there was a suitcase nearby...this was totally creepy. I quietly left and returned to the front desk where I told the guy what happened. His reaction? "That's impossible...we have systems in place to keep that from happening." He didn't believe me. Because I'm not fond of being called a liar I insisted that he go check for himself. He returned a few minutes later, apologized, and spent about 20 minutes trying to figure out what happened. I finally asked him to please give me another room key so I could get some sleep.

When I checked out in the morning I made a point of talking to the Manager, who was much more apologetic about the situation, including my problem getting in the back door the night before. But this NEVER should have happened. As creeped out as I was, I felt even worse for the poor guy who was sleeping in that room - how would he feel if he knew TWO people had entered his room while he was sleeping? Jeez...if there was ever a reason to use that little swing-lock thingy on the door, there it is!

While I appreciate the concern expressed by the Manager, it doesn't make up for the unsafe position I found myself in TWICE in the course of 30 minutes at this motel. Guest safety should be the top priority, and I definitely did not feel safe. If it hadn't been so late, and I wasn't in a relatively unfamiliar area, I would have gone elsewhere. In fact, I've been back to the area several times since this visit and HAVE stayed elsewhere.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family