La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bohemia
“La Quinta”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I always enjoy staying at La Quinta. They seem to have the hotel experience down to a T. Clean, attractive rooms, pet friendly, nice breakfast and other ammenties. The room had a tv, refrigerator, lots of flat space for setting things up.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We made travel plans at the last minute for a funeral. However, we are frequent travelers- other hotels we visited are in CA, TX, MO, MD, FL, NC. We always travel with our pets and none of the hotels have had a problem with our dogs being left alone. It is obvious that dogs bark, it’s what they do, especially when they hear noise. This hotel advertises that they are pet-friendly but this is far from that. We made reservation with third party. Third party made reservation to this hotel because they accept pets. We arrived at the hotel and checked-in. The front desk agent "Jose" checked us in. He was pretty laid back and checked us in fast. However, he failed to have us sign a pet policy form and assign us to the 1st floor (pets are assigned to 1st floor). We were assigned to the 4th floor. We left to the funeral and left our dogs in the hotel. Once we arrived back at the room, someone had left a note on the door that read "you suck". I walked to front desk to get fresh sheets; the front desk agent by the name of "RUDY" was the only individual working that evening. Once I told him what room I was in, he immediately went off on me. He started by accusing me of neglecting my dogs. He threatened to call the police and have my dogs taken away. He called me of being ignorant and of not providing correct ID to who I was. He said I was lucky he didn’t let the guest have a piece of me. This man was so rude and aggressive. I asked him to tone down the way he talked to me. I apologized for the barking and explained that I was not aware of such policy as I have traveled before and have never been told it is against the law to leave pets alone in hotel room. He compared leaving my dogs in the room alone to leaving dogs in hot car. He continued to be disrespectful and aggressive. I told him I have an ID and had shown it during check-in along with my credit card. I asked if we could move to first floor to avoid any more problems. He denied request and said I would have to wait for manager to call the next day to have move approved or to be kicked out or taken away by police. He made me get my ID and made copy of it. I later found out from another employee at check-out that they don’t copy customer IDs. I still don’t know why he needed copy of my ID and credit card. This worries me as it may be used for identity theft.

As for customer service and my overall stay, it was very unpleasant. I am not excusing my dogs from disrupting other guests or me breaking policy (although I did not know about it as I was never asked to sign a policy). This guy "RUDY" was out of line and his behavior was completely unacceptable and unnecessary. I have worked at hotels while in college and would have never been allowed to keep my job had I behaved in this manner- no matter how difficult a customer or bad the situation got. Not once did I raise my voice at this guy “RUDY” or use profanity so his behavior towards me is not something I have ever experienced before. Needless to say, we checked-out of this hotel as early as we could and found another hotel that was in fact a wonderful experience for the humans and my dogs.

The manager, who was supposed to call me, never did call. I had to follow-up and call myself to discuss matter with manager. Manager said she would have a talk with him. Yes people make mistakes, I get it, but if you hate your job so much that you don't know how to handle difficult people, then perhaps you need a new job. I am a probation officer, I deal with irate/hostile people all the time and even then, I maintain my cool and deal with the situation without escalating it. There is no hospitality at this hotel. Never returning or recommending to anyone.

1 Thank JC B
Reviewed April 21, 2014

great rooms. we had a great staff except for one rude person at the desk. our only complaint is they were very rigid about shutting down the coffee machine even though there were still about 30 of us eating breakfast. we were told it was time to shut it down and basically didn't care we were still there eating. also there is no coffee in the evenings for those of us who drink coffee at night and there were many in our group who did.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We traveled to Long Island for a special family event. I picked La Quinta Inn because of its location, previous ratings, and price compared to other hotels in the area. The staff was absolutely wonderful, and especially helpful with directions. This was a definite plus, considering we were running late and not familiar with the area. The room was clean and had a microwave and refrigerator. Breakfast was adequate. No pool, but we wouldn't have used it anyway. Would stay here again if ever in the area.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

This hotel was perfect for us. We went to a Doo Wop Concert and stayed at this hotel like we did last year. We had a great time . This hotel was clean and the staff was wonderful. Especially helpful with directions.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Hartford, United States
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This hotel is very accommodating to a large crowd and allowed 'socializing' in the lobby into the wee hours of the morning. Breakfast hours could have been extended due to late risers or find a way to accommodate entertainers who were responsible for such a large crowd being there in the first place. Feed the hand that feeds you.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Stay at LaQuinta Inn was good. The room was nice and cosy as well as the bathroom was clean. The service was very good. The only thing that I wanted in the hotel was variety in breakfast. The view from the rooms were also nice. The hotel was close to my work place which is why I am pretty much impressed by the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bohemia
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
Hyatt Regency Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge
Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport
Residence Inn Long Island Holtsville
Ramada Plaza Holtsville Long Island

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport? Share your experiences!