“OK overall, but for the price paid it comes up short”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bohemia
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed 3 nights in mid-June. Before even booking I thought the rates were a little high for a La Quinta Inn but I figured since it's Long Island, expect higher prices because of location. For the price paid $155 per night for a suite (just a larger than average regular room) I was hoping to be "wowed"...that was not the case. Regular rooms were going for about $130 a night.

Check-in was fine. I arrived 1-2 hours before normal check-in time and they were able to get me in my room early after a short wait.

The lobby was large and nicely decorated and serves as the eating area for the free breakfast.

Our hotel room itself was cleaned very well. The room itself though already showed signs of being "worn out" some and I believe this hotel is still on the "newer" side. There was a large gash in the carpet right after entering the room. Not the nicest first impression. The bed and TV/fridge/microwave set-up were nice. The remaining furniture in the room was ok and in good shape. The pull out sofa bed the room provided wasn't too comfortable, but not many are.

The bathroom was cleaned well and a solid size. I did notice quite a bit of dust/lint/dirt in the fan on the ceiling. The vents really could use a cleaning up there as it's easily visible to any guests. Didn't here much noise from other rooms on my floor, but the guests above us created quite a bit of noise walking around.

The free breakfast was ok, but definetely doesn't compete with the set up at a Hilton Hotel.
The problem here was that all the food/drink were squeezed into a small area and it caused a traffic jam of guests on many occasions. With a huge lobby like they have it may be a good idea to spread stuff out a bit, maybe put the coffee/juice/milk/tea in a different location. Highlight of the breakfast for me were the muffins, I was disappointed most by the coffee which seemed watered down and bland served out of one of those pre-made machines.

Location was very good. Right near ISP airport. Also close to Sunrise Highway. There are stores and restaraunts within a few minute drive in any direction.

All in all, I wouldn't be totally against staying here again, I stayed at the Hampton Inn off of Vets. Highway last year and it didn't impress me, so I tried La Quinta. Same story here and I'd likely give another place nearby a try at a similar or lower price (Hilton Garden for example).

There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding. Several times in the evening we had a group that would meet in the lobby/breakfast area for a few games of cards, etc. The hotel was very accommodating. The rooms are alright but nothing exceptional. The breakfast is the usual-waffles, yogurt, cereal, muffins, juice, etc. They do not have a pool but that was alright because we did not have time for that anyway. It was great to see so many people with their pets here too. Our room was a little loud because we were located directly across from the elevator.

Room Tip: Stay away from any rooms located near the elevator.
A La Quinta traveler

Reviewed June 2, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This hotel used to be very nice when it opened a few years ago, no so much anymore.

My mother's "non-smoking" room reeked of cigarettes. The hallway rugs are covered in stains and look dirty. The breakfast is not as nice, couldn't even get creamers for the watered down coffee. Juice had the right color but was all watered down. Breakfast room isn't kept clean and supplies aren't readily available. There are better hotels in this price range in the area.

Room Tip: Make sure you really get a non-smoking room.
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I book at this hotel whenever I need a hotel on Long Island. The rooms are beautiful. I have even brought my poodle a few times. I have no complaints about my "pet" room. Friendly staff, nice breakfast, good location, beautiful grounds. I love having wifi included.The last time that I stayed in March was because my dad had passed away. When when I called the hotel because I needed to stay three nights they gave me their best "internet " price and they were really sympathetic about my circumstances. I love the Laquinta Inn in Bohemia.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This was our second time at this hotel in the past couple months and we would definitely return again. The rooms are clean and spacious, the staff is more than accommodating and went out of their way to help make our stay excellent. We love that we can bring our dog and she feels comfortable there too! The breakfast was in line with most hotel breakfasts-- cereal, hard boiled eggs, self serve waffle iron, muffins/ bagels, etc. They have a large hot tub that we couldn't stay away from. The rooms all have flat screens, 38 channels, an on screen guide channel, show time movie channels, refrigerators and microwaves. The area around the hotel is industrial/ airport so there's not a lot in walking distance but it's not a far ride by car to McDonald's, Dunkin Donuts, etc. The staff really do care about the guests... They want each person to feel welcome and they will do everything they can to make sure that happens.

Room Tip: Pets are on the first and second floors only.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bohemia
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
Hampton Inn Long Island - Brookhaven
Clegg's Hotel
Clegg's Hotel
#3 of 4 in Ocean Beach

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport? Share your experiences!