Book In Advance
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews rustic furniture fire tower train car interactive exhibits all ages rainy day native americans gift shop early days subject matter special events local history three hours few hours well worth the visit on display worth the trip
Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

My family and I camped at the Lake Durant DEC campgrounds, and was excited to attend the areas "Moose Festival". Having never been to the area, we followed recommended places along the Moose Festival. One of our stops was this museum. WOW! We quickly realized that we needed almost a full day to see all the exhibits, and had a fantastic time. There is so much history, and interesting facts and places to see at this museum. We were literally blown away. We have already made plans to return to the area specifically to stop at this museum. The staff was knowledgeable, friendly and willing to spend time teaching about the exhibits. The cafe provided excellent choices and the food was delicious. We could not have been more impressed.

1  Thank allen2805
AusraA27, Public Relations Manager at Adirondack Experience, The Museum on Blue Mountain Lake, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2018

Thank you very much for your great review. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed September 20, 2018

What a great place for children and adults alike..... there is something for everyone here. Were fortunate enough to be in the area during the artisan furniture and antiques weekends so those bonuses plus the wonderful offerings of the museum kept us occupied for hours. From the boats to the cabins and furniture to the great interpretation of the mountains and how people lived and entertained themselves there really is something new to experience around each corner and in each building. The museum (and offerings) is huge and so it is good to know that your ticket is good for one week....for surely you will need and want to come back. If you want to understand the area and how it has been home and recreational area to so many through so many years......first drive and view the phenomenal area known as the Adirondacks...... then finish up at Blue Mountain Lake and the museum, and join the chorus of ...."oh, we just saw that" or ....'that's where we are going to have to go tomorrow"

Reviewed September 16, 2018

I "discovered" the American Experience 4-years ago, when I did not have time to visit anything except the main lobby. I vowed I would go through on my next trip, which was today! I was there just before they opened at 10:00 and spent a thoroughly enjoyable 3-hours checking out all of the exhibits.

Extremely well done, they capture the true history and "experience" of the Adirondacks with many, many exhibits, many of which are interactive. The docents are super friendly, helpful and informative.

If you love the Adirondacks, or know nothing about them, this is a MUST stop.

I will be back on my next trip, whenever that is.

1  Thank Ronald D

Thanks Ronald D. We are glad to have you back and thrilled you enjoyed your experience.

Reviewed September 12, 2018

This is an amazingly comprehensive Museum, and truly one-of-a-kind. No matter your particular interest, you'll find deep and wide subject matter to peruse. I would be hard-pressed to name which building/exhibit I enjoyed the most.

It was my first visit, and my accompanying friends hadn't been for 10 years; they were well-pleased with the new buildings and expanded exhibits.

If I lived closer, I'd be visiting several times a year, it's that good!

Date of experience: September 2018

Thank you so much Come back with your friends again!

Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

This was a wonderful experience the combination of a great museum experience with the crafters exhibition. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: September 2018

Thanks SusanGMVt - we are glad you enjoyed both!