Book In Advance
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews rustic furniture fire tower train car rainy day interactive exhibits all ages gift shop native americans early days logging industry plan on spending subject matter special events local history three hours few hours well worth the visit
Reviewed 3 days ago

Museums are very well done and are interactive. I even had fun on the rowing machine that simulated the action in a lake canoe. Would be a great educational experience for kids. Store was a little pricey. Definitely go to the restaurant and check out the view of the lake, even if you don’t buy any food/drink.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a gem! It was very interesting and I learned a lot, especially about boats and boating in the "olden days" of the adirondacks, and logging. It's a great museum and I highly recommend it.

Reviewed October 7, 2018

This heitage site has multiple museums reflecting the history and art of the Adirondack region. Many high-tech interactive exhibits engage children, especially. I really enjoyed the “Peopled Wilderness” exhibit, which featured the art and voices of the Mohawk and Abenacki people. Our daughter tried her turn at pressing apples to make apple cider. She also enjoyed painting pumpkins and riding ponies. The café overlooks scenic Blue Mountain Lake.

Reviewed October 5, 2018

This is an indoor/outdoor museum. One of the indoor exhibits all about the history of logging in the Adirondacks. Very Informative. Be sure you stop at the Bull Cottage, it's a little off the path but well worth the visit. It's an original Adirondack cottage with original furniture made by local craftsmen. Several other interesting exhibits include Life in the Adirondacks, Woods & Waters and the Reising Schoolhouse. Limited food choices in the café. Nice gift shop

Reviewed October 3, 2018

I've been here many times as a kid, and later we brought our kids, and now our teen and pre-teen grand kids. They have added and changed exhibits over the years, but it's always interesting, educational, fun, and now with lots of kid-friendly interactive exhibits. For first timers to the area, this is a great introduction to the Adirondacks, it's history, life, biology, geology, etc. Many exhibits are outside, and you have to walk outside between buildings, so dress for the weather. Teens can seem bored with everything but they had a riot and were running from place to place to check out all the great things to see and do and things to play with. Even though we've been before, there was a lot for us grown-ups as well. If you didn't have kids running around, you could spend the whole day. A great activity for a rainy day, or any day.

Reviewed September 28, 2018

I have been here many times over the year, and used to go every year with my family when I was younger. A year or two ago they rebranded and opened new exhibits and I've been meaning to get back and check it out since.

While I missed the horses I stood next to for pics every year, all my other favorites (like the dioramas and the train) were still there - and looking better than ever.

The new interactive elements and new exhibit hall area were fantastic. Lots to see and to do - which the "to do" part really brings it to life and has kids and younger folks enjoying the place a lot more. I tried out the rowing, log pushing, and dynamite experiences myself :) The new theater room was fantastic as well.

Really well done, I'll definitely be sending more people that way and returning again myself.

Reviewed September 28, 2018

There's a lot to see here, displayed very nicely in a variety of settings. I thought I would spend a few hours here, but wound up spending more. They went the extra mile to make the exhibits varied and interesting. A nice hiking trail to a pond is a bonus. And the view from the cafe -- or the adjoining terrace -- is really good!

Reviewed September 26, 2018 via mobile

Haven't been here in quite awhile so jumped at the chance to drive up with a neighbor.What a great drive up route 28 from Warrensburg.mou rains pine trees and old quaint towns along route.We got in for Senior rate of 18.00,adults are 20.00.They give you a,map and you proceed at your own pace.The whole acreage is a testament of the evolution of the area from logging,an escape for wealthy families and tourism.The many lakes provide fishing and mountains skiing.The museum tells these tales with hands on exhibits for kids and adults.There are boating exhibits too with many types of crafts that were used over the years.Lovely exhibit on native Americans also.You can go thru a real camo,fully furnished and other structures depicting old hotels and lodges.Even their cafe was great.The view thru floor to ceiling windows overlooking Blue mountain lake was gorgous.The food was fresh and delicious.Soups and chilli were offered along with beef stew.The premade salads were fresh and colorful and healthy.The gift shop is not to missed on way out.Local condiments,maple syrup,chocolate and maple candies,books,Beauttiful cards,an area just for kids ,jewelry and Adirondack mimentos.The staff are all very nice and ready to answer questions.If in area,don't miss it.

Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

My family and I camped at the Lake Durant DEC campgrounds, and was excited to attend the areas "Moose Festival". Having never been to the area, we followed recommended places along the Moose Festival. One of our stops was this museum. WOW! We quickly realized that we needed almost a full day to see all the exhibits, and had a fantastic time. There is so much history, and interesting facts and places to see at this museum. We were literally blown away. We have already made plans to return to the area specifically to stop at this museum. The staff was knowledgeable, friendly and willing to spend time teaching about the exhibits. The cafe provided excellent choices and the food was delicious. We could not have been more impressed.

1  Thank allen2805
AusraA27, Public Relations Manager at Adirondack Experience, The Museum on Blue Mountain Lake, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2018

Thank you very much for your great review. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed September 20, 2018

What a great place for children and adults alike..... there is something for everyone here. Were fortunate enough to be in the area during the artisan furniture and antiques weekends so those bonuses plus the wonderful offerings of the museum kept us occupied for hours. From the boats to the cabins and furniture to the great interpretation of the mountains and how people lived and entertained themselves there really is something new to experience around each corner and in each building. The museum (and offerings) is huge and so it is good to know that your ticket is good for one week....for surely you will need and want to come back. If you want to understand the area and how it has been home and recreational area to so many through so many years......first drive and view the phenomenal area known as the Adirondacks...... then finish up at Blue Mountain Lake and the museum, and join the chorus of ...."oh, we just saw that" or ....'that's where we are going to have to go tomorrow"