“Stay somewhere else”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Binghamton
Reviewed August 25, 2013

While the staff was friendly, the physical conditions of this place were beyond horrific. Years of caked on dirt everywhere, stained carpets, sagging mattress, and to top it all off...brown stains on the green sheets.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank doglady01
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Inn & Suites

Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

I have not even left and just want to tell anyone that thinks of coming here DON'T. If they had another place with truck parking we would leave but they don't have anything. This place is nasty, it's stinks, and the staff are rude. Also the remote don't work or half the lights. I'm glad I have Lysol so I can disinfect everything. The bed is a little comfortable is about the only good thing.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Tonya B
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My 86 year old mother and father and I were planning on staying at this motel for 3 nights. After we checked in, we drove closer to our hotel room and saw several men in the corner of the parking lot having a barbeque. There was very loud music playing and they were lighting firecrackers. My father and I were standing at the rear of my car, and one of the men threw a firecracker in our direction. It landed about 7 feet from us, and when it went off it hurt our ears, and we both had ringing in our ears for quite a while. I went to the front desk to complain, and they said they would take care of it. In the morning I spoke with the manager about the firecracker incident, and instead of saying he was sorry, he blamed it on "fireworks in the area." Fireworks in the area, in August? Really? Apparently the group being there is a regular occurrence. Aside from that experience, the room was smelly and unacceptable. Worst hotel experience of my life. We checked out after one night!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Tizadrienne
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Was one of the most reasonable hotels in the area. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was clean as was the rest of the room. There were a few stains in the carpet. The room was a great deal, and it was close to the highway which made getting anywhere easy. Close to restaurants. Staff was warm and welcoming and always very helpful. Will stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JoAnn M
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed one night--horrible smelly room- not even worth the cheap price. Room was so dirty I did not want to touch anything- should have not stayed but I was tired. The smell was indescribable, a mixture of stale cigarette smoke, room freshener and just plain dirt. This was a non smoking room in a non smoking wing. Really icky!! Well, anyway at least there were no bedbugs. I will have to wash all my clothes which picked up the odors.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stopped at this hotel on our way to NYC and we have a lot of regret about it. The hotel itself was fine, but our room was AWFUL. It smelled very much like smoke even though it was "non smoking", it hadn't been vacuumed so there was stuff on the carpets, there was hair all over the bathroom floor/sink/toilet, and there were several holes in our door as though someone had tried to break into our room in the past. It was only $81/night but I would recommend to pay more and stay elsewhere if you can. This was the worst part of our holidays.
The only positive to this hotel was that it was very close to the highway.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The price was very good, only $60 for 2 double beds with free continental breakfast. We have stayed at many Choice Hotels, but this is the first time we have stayed at an Econo Lodge. The Comfort Inns, Comfort Suites, Quality Inns, Clarions have all been nice. This Econo Lodge was Econo not nice. The bathroom had hairs in the sink, on the counter, in the tub and in the towels. The toilet did not look like it had been cleaned. The room smelled musty, the carpet did not look vacuumed and the table was dirty. Although the bed was comfortable and they had very cute mint green sheets we were leery about its cleanliness. Although it was a non smoking room there were many burn marks on the sink and carpet. After the hairiness and uncleanliness of the room, the very basic continental breakfast made us reluctant to eat it.

Room Tip: If you can get a room without all the hairs, it could be a nice place, the rooms are nice size with...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple