“Ehhh what can I say?” 3 of 5 bubbles

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Binghamton
“Ehhh what can I say?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Basically its you get Wat u paid for so I pretty much can't complain. It's not a five star hotel but they can do a little better with the smell and appliances. Been here twice n nothing has changed. It's just old and need renovation.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Burlington, Vermont
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

In November 2012 we checked into this Econo Lodge for the night. The halls, even in the non-smoking sections, smelled of cigarette smoke and mustiness. The carpets did not seem clean. The bed was not properly made up, i.e. the bottom sheet did not cover the top part of the mattress. Water from the toilet would splash up into one's face when one tried to flush it--the handle was low down and awkwardly placed. The television set was directly in front of the mirror on the chest of drawers. The microwave looks as though something had exploded in it many years ago. The outlet in the bathroom did not work. The breakfast was skimpy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 05401Gretchen
Kingston, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Econo Lodge en route to Myrtle Beach last week and are not overly picky people whenever we've stayed in a hotel and we do travel at least a couple of times a year. This place is without a doubt the worst place we have ever stayed - from the stinky rooms, to the slimy bath tub, hair dryer didn't work, microwave looked like a 1980s model that had exploded the last time it was used, sticky carpeting, pathetic breakfast and last but not least, the used condom we found at the side of our vehicle when we left in the morning. In hind-sight, we should have kept on driving........ We were limited in Binghamton because we were travelling with our 13 pound dog, but I'm sure there had to have been better places an hour or so down the road..... Stay clear of this one people..... AWFUL!!

Room Tip: Keep driving!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Loyalisttraveller
Middle Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed one night while we were traveling through Binghamton and it's ok for that purpose. The room was clean enough, but the bathroom was old. However, the service was excellent. The desk clerk was very friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Watertown, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

After reading all the horrible reviews of this hotel, I was quite sure I would not be spending the night here. I was actually surprised. Now for the record, this hotel is OLD and really needs updating. However, I did not find the nastiness that others had mentioned earlier. I was worried it would be dirty since we got there before check in, and I figured they'd give the room a quick once-over and call it done. You can believe I went over this room with a fine-tooth comb before I decided it was worth an overnight. The only thing even remotely on the ick factor scale was a long black hair on the bathroom floor and a few more on one of the towels. I threw the towel onto the hair and kicked it under the bathroom sink - problem solved. On the towel note, they were rather dingy, not the bright white you normally see in hotels. They weren't dirty, just not white, which was a bit of a turnoff. All in all, I was happy to find it better than reported, and had no problems sleeping there for the night. In fact, I slept quite well, and if need be, I'd do it again. Having said this, I travel quite a bit and am used to staying in hotels that cost 3-4 times more than this hotel. It was a downgrade, for sure, but you get what you pay for. The front desk staff was very friendly too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

Checked in about an hour ago- When putting things away found an hypodermic needle next to the refrig.. oh the refrig ice box is big chunk of old ice. After finding the needle took it to the girl @ front desk. This poor girl was WAY over her head. Wedding event-Holiday Weekend- -full house & messes with check-in & a Friday Night with only one desk person & no other help on property. The young girl gave me cleaning supplies so I could clean our room- 3 white towels of filth- THEN... MORE... when searching our beds - one of our bed sheets at the foot area had blood on it- Tried to call front desk but the old whelmed girl could not answer the phones- Went down to speak to the clerk & she had a very long line with some upset customers- she called the manager who did not answer her call- she mentioned he'd call back- I told her when he arrives He needs to come to our room & see the blood on the sheets. ...Still waiting... I'm so grossed out!!! Drove hours for this...yuck!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank S456rich
Ottawa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stopped in on our way back from NYC. Had coupon for $55.00 a night. Two VERY UNFRIENDLY girls said "Not accepting because of a dog show in town". Had coupon for Super 8, next door, they're answer... "Well u might try there". We were tired, raining cats & dog & construction on I-81 backed up for appx. 10 miles. Decided to take room @ $79.00.Got into DIRTY room, remote wasn't working, my wife went to front desk asking for batteries. Response? "Go to ur room we'll send someone to replace batteries". Well, we got batteries 70 minutes later!!!! We were totally frustrated. Bathroom, another story, mold at ceiling, drywall needed repair, floor was dirty, sticky, not cleaned in a long time. Wasn't gonna write this review, contacted Econolodge directly, said, "Thank you for ur feedback, will respond within 72 hours", i waited. NO RESPONSE. Now i'm writing this. The girls didn't care at all, "Take it or leave it attitude", BEWARE THIS econolodge!!!!! Have pictures posted, u will see bathroom. Totally disgusting.Bottom line, STAY AWAY!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Binghamton
Comfort Inn
Grand Royale Hotel
Grand Royale Hotel
#9 of 13 in Binghamton
Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!