Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Binghamton
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Jesse LaPadulz room service was courteous polite and fast. Then the food was so delicious my hat is off to chef Cory. With this team the hotel rates a perfect ten to me !!! I will defiantly stay here again.

Room Tip: Top floor best
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

deogenius, thank you so much for your shout-out to our server, Jesse and our chef, Cory! They will both be thrilled to read your comments. Thank you again, Bob Greene, General Manager

Reviewed March 19, 2014

While trying to book the room when I called staff was rude to the point that I had to ask for G.Manager to book suite. Than when we got there staff trying to check us in was to busy taking it up with a lady to listen to us. Very rushed. Room never got cleaned and no clean towels. Our tray from room service sat in the hallway from morning to evening before taken care of.

Location is great. Property well taken care of. Had dinner there with family and had great service that really took care of me and my family. We had lots of laughs with them. Thank you Jesse LaPadula and Torrey Berry for being so good to us. My family is still talking about you two. If only everyone here was as nice as you two. Maybe you should also check people in. Great image for hotel. And management there. Thank you again! :-)

Room Tip: 801 for a suite is the BEST!!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank marciahayes
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear marciahayes,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We truly regret to see you did not fully enjoy your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 7, 2014

As I walked into the dinning room at 9:50 hungry for Breakfast I saw a sign saying breakfast ends at 10:00. Given the time I was hoping maybe I could get a bagel or something to take out as I was ravenous. Instead I was pleasantly surprised when I was told they were still open (with a smile) and asked where I would like to sit! I then had a full breakfast without pressure and even some conversation with my servers. I want to give a shoot out to servers Jesse & Melissa, host Nadine, and the chef on duty - Thank so much :-)

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank MsIthaca
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Thank you for your post regarding your recent business stay at our hotel. I was very excited to read that Jesse, Melissa and Nadine were able to let you enjoy a relaxing breakfast. They truly are first rate service professionals!!! Thank you again, Bob Greene, General Manager

Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is a high quality hotel in the down town area of Binghamton. Plenty of parking. The Arena for multiple events is easy walk. The bar is nice with good level of activity and very good service. The rooms are comfortable and clean. I would recommend this hotel without reservation. I have attended a wedding here as well and the service was high quality. If you need a hotel in Binghamton proper go ahead and book it here.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

socker131, hey, nice shout out from a loyal guest!!!! Thank you so much as our staff loves to read reviews from our terrific guests, such as yourself! We really appreciate it! Thank you again and next time you are here, please come and say hello! Bob Greene, General Manager

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Jesse LaPadula was the nice gentleman who brought us room service. He was polite and very energetic. I believe that this young man should be recognized in a positive manner with this company and if he worked for me I would give highly recommended him for a raise.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Sarah S
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Sarah S, thank you very much for your Tripadvisor review of your recent stay at our hotel. When you mention one of my employees by name it means so much to that employee!! Jesse will be thrilled to read your comments! Thank you again, Bob Greene, General Manager

Reviewed February 28, 2014

This hotel is convenient to the Arena. My kids have sports, shows, you name it. I really enjoyed walking to our venue. The pool was great. The teams and parents loved it. The breakfast buffet was okay, but still a good value. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Thank you very much for your posting on Trip Advisor. We are located adjacent to the Broome County Veteran's Arena so it is rather easy to go back and forth. We are family friendly and the next time you stay with us your families breakfast is on the house!! Bob Greene, General Manager

Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

After staying in many Holiday Inns throughout the east coast I was disappointed in the cleanliness of the room. I arrived and the lobby was immaculate. Allysa at the front desk was amazing. Got to my room. The door was filthy outside and that was the beginning. Inside there was dirt on the floor, the wallpaper is peeling away from the wall in the bathroom as well as the grout in the corner crumbling, the curtain in the window stained and there was still a togo container in the refrigerator with a half a dozen shriveled up chicken wings in it. I advised the front desk and she offered a new room. I chose to stay and see what changed after housekeeping had come the next day since I had already moved my bags in. The next day dirt still on the floor and the corner of the bathroom still had the same dirt falling out of the crack in the grout. Not what I have come to expect from a hotel inside of the IHG family of hotels as far as housekeeping goes.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Irishinspector
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Irishinspector, thank you for your blog about your recent stay in our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the cleanliness issues as that is not acceptable. The hotel is currently undergoing a complete renovation with all new wall paper being part of it. Thank you for your warm comments about Allysa as she is terrific! Bob Greene, General Manager