“Needs updating”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Binghamton
Long Beach CA
“Needs updating”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I stayed here in July 2013. There was a huge wedding going on at the time, so the halls were loud and the one elevator was hard to get. The rooms smelled and seemed old and worn. The toilet seat cover was broken and fell on my hand. My brother paid the same amount for his room and only had about a foot between the bed and the dresser/TV stand (my room had 2+ feet in that space). On the bright side, it is conveniently located, reasonably priced, has a nice view of the river, and has comfy beds. For me, the cons outweigh the pros, and I probably would not stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Photogirl1000, thank you for taking the time to blog on Tripadvisor regarding your stay here this past July. I must say how right you are that the hotel needs an updating and that's exactly what we are doing this winter. We are upgrading all of the guest rooms along with some of the public areas. I will bet if your travels take you back to our hotel, you will be pleased! Bob Greene, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Stayed here with 6 guys in 3 rooms back in June for a golf weekend over 4 days.
Location location location...this place is walking distance to the limited nightlife in this town, which was the main appeal for us to stay here.
-The price was reasonable.
-Desk service for the entire stay was fantastic.
-We had breakfast buffet every morning and it was great, no complaints from anyone on the food.
-The bar was also fine for a drink or two, but I wouldn't spend an evening there - kinda sad looking area.
-Always ample parking, and safe - plenty of lighting.
-The rooms were also great. Ice cold A/C, clean, and the beds were comfortable - that's all I need.
I'd stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
We thank you so much for taking the time to blog of your experiences while part of a golf group from our friends to the north. We host many golf groups from Ontario and are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again, and we certainly hope to see you back this upcoming golf season!! Bob Greene, General Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I've stayed here twice when traveling on business. The room is spacious and welll laid out, and the desk is big enough to work from. The wi-fi works very well, and there are convenience outlets on the desk, making it easier to plug in my laptop and phone. So many hotels have you searching behind furniture for outlets, which is really annoying. Also, the room includes a refrigerator and microwave, which adds to the convenience if you are working out of your room like I was.

About a block away is a CVS drugstore, which makes it easy to get stuff you may need and didn't anticipate (toothpaste, snacks, socks, razors...). The restaurant is good, although a bit pricey (like most hotel restaurants). It is convenient if you get in late and don't have transportation. The staff is very pleasant, and the business center is well laid out.

The hotel is close enough to downtown that you can walk anywhere in town pretty easily. Downtown Binghamton is nothing to write home about at night though, and it is full of drunken college students as the night wears on. If you are going to be in town for more than two days, I recommend having a rental car so you can get around a bit. The restaurants in Binghamton are really good, but you really need a car if you want to go to them.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in back, you get to see the Susquehanna River.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you so much for your recent posting to Trip Advisor regarding your stay. I very much appreciate reading about a guests experiences from their viewpoint of how their stay was. If you like, stop in and say hello!! Bob Greene, General Manager.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from another super weekend at the Holiday Inn. Our room was clean, warm and welcoming. The staff we dealt were professional and helpful as usual. At the front desk, Mike welcomed us as family and always exceeds anything we would expect. He is a great ambassador for the hotel. Melissa in the restaurant was her typically cheerful self and made sure that we were well taken care of. Chrissy also did a great job serving us our Friday dinner. Food was great and plentiful. We're looking forward to our next visit.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
TB from Ottawa- thank you so much for your comments here on Trip Advisor!! Chrissy, Mike and Melissa will all be thrilled to read your comments after I post this review. We have many guests who visit us from Ottawa for leisure activities. Each summer I visit your great Capital city myself and stay in Gatineau. Thank you again, as our employees love the positive feedback from guests such as yourself!
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Stayed here when we came down for an AHL game across the street at the Arena. Hotel was easy to get and a 1 min walk if that to the arena. It was very clean, and considering the snowy weather they did a good job at keeping the floors in the lobby dry. Check in was fast and easy, took less then 5 mins. Was even given 2 comp drink tickets for being a holiday inn club member, nice touch. Got a great room facing the river. Room was very clean. Beds were comfy. Used the business centre and had no trouble with that. Cant say enough about the guy at the front desk, Michael. He was so nice, friendly and helpful (needed to find a good pizza place at 10:30 pm). All in all, great stay. If we do this trip again next season we stayed here again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Lindzee 15, thank you so much for your nice comments regarding our hotel here in Binghamton across the street from the Arena. We have many guests from the Ottawa area visit us to see the "Baby" Senators!! I will be sure to let Michael know of your warm comments as he is truly a guest service professional and all around nice guy. Bob Greene, General Manager
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed at the hotel over our Christmas holidays, and I found the hotel very clean. The beds were very comfortable and the sheets and towels were also very clean. The cleaning staff and the front desk staff were very pleasant.i had forgotten my tooth brush, and one was brought up in no time.
The beds were very comfortable.There was a fridge and microwave in our room.We had breakfast in the restaurant every morning and found the staff friendly.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is passing through. We enjoyed our stay there.

Room Tip: I was in the corner suite on the top floor and found it to be quieter.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us over the holidays this past year. We love getting feedback from guests who travel frequently. I will make sure to let the dining room staff know that you found them to be friendly. Bob Greene, General Manager
Albany, New York
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

I recently had a wonderful experience at the holiday inn Binghamton. I was warmly welcomed by the staff who went above and beyond to make me and my family feel at home. I will gladly recommend this hotel to any friends and family who will be staying in Binghamton. Thank you so much for making me feel at home, away from home!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Ellie G, thank you so much for your nice comments regarding your recent stay! I will be sure to share your comments with our staff! Bob Greene, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Binghamton
DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton
Grand Royale Hotel
Grand Royale Hotel
#10 of 13 in Binghamton
Hampton Inn & Suites Binghamton / Vestal

Been to Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown? Share your experiences!