Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown
$50
Grand Royale Hotel(Binghamton)
$110
Orbitz.com
All reviewsfront deskrestaurant staffroom was very clean and comfortablechenango riverbusiness tripking bedplenty of parkingindoor poolfriday nightone night staymariamarenadumasmattserverweddingbing
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Wow! I cannot say enough about the outstanding service from everyone at the holiday inn arena Binghamton while planning and enjoying our son's wedding at this facility.
From our initial tour with Bob, and the attention to every detail from the wedding group, it was just wonderful. Tracy, Colleen and Kris Marko did a wonderful job!
The food was not only delicious, and the portions plentiful, even the appetizers were a big hit! Hats off to the chef!
I highly recommend this location to all our friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for your very warm comments regarding the wedding at our hotel. Chef Bob does a wonderful job with the weddings and the support staff, Kris, Tracy and Colleen are terrific! Thank you again and we hope to see you back with us soon. Bob Greene, General Manager

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Went to help my son move into his college apartment. Hotel and room both very clean; front desk staff accomodating. Best part of this hotel is the location. If you are staying in Binghamton for a few days you can walk to numerous bars and restaurants from the hotel and if you like a morning walk, there is much to see. We plan on staying here each time we come to visit our son.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

As we are located close to the Binghamton University campus, we have many guests such as yourselves with returning students. Thank you for the warm comments and if you need a room for Parent's Weekend, please give me a call. Bob Greene, General Manager, 607-722-1212

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We had a small wedding reception (50 people) at this facility. The level of attention & detail afforded us by all staff involved was what you might expect if you were hosting 400 people. Great attention was paid to every detail and they made us feel that our little gathering was the most important event on their calendar. My wife and I, as well as several of our out-of-town guests, stayed overnight after the reception. The rooms were excellent, the on-premises restaurant was very good and the bar had a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. It's within minutes to all of the attractions in the area. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay here for the wedding a few weeks back. The staff takes great pride with our wedding parties and they will be thrilled when they read your comments. If your travels bring you back to Binghamton, please stop in and say hello! Bob Greene, General Manager

Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night as we returned to the Southern Tier to re-live our dating days in grad school. We chose the Holiday Inn Arena - Downtown, literally across the street from the Broome County Veterans Arena. The hotel offered easy access from 17 or 434 (Vestal Parkway). Our room was on the 4th floor. The room was spotless with a pretty view of the Chenango River right outside. We also had free unlimited access to WiFi in the room. The hotel staff was more than accommodating and helpful. The Holiday Inn is centrally located to everything we did including restaurants, shopping and other fun activities across the river in Vestal.

I would highly recommend that when in New York's Southern Tier, make sure you choose the Holiday Inn Arena - Downtown.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river. The view is very pretty.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your stay at our hotel. The management and staff review all comments daily and take all comments to heart. Please stop in and say hello the next time you are in the Southern Tier Region. Bob Greene, General Manager.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

After reading a lot of these reviews I still decided to book my family here. BIG mistake. The lobby looks nice except for dirty cups left all the place. The girl who checked my wife and two daughters in was extremely rude and the elevators to the room have mats in them that are stained. My wife found hairs in beds (my daughters needed to take a nap once they got there) and they had to wait 45 minutes for new sheets. The woman didn't even apologize! Once the girls got up, they went to the restaurant to eat dinner and weren't very impressed. It's pretty run down. The girls actually told me it was dirty and that the chairs all had stains on them. You can imagine the ear full I got when I finally arrived later that night! When we woke up in the morning and tried to make coffee, we found it wasn't plugged in and couldn't reach the outlet so we had to move it to the bathroom. We checked out four days early and when I told the reception person about our experience she thanked me and said they already knew what their problems were.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, listen to the reviews!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank andy a

I apologize for your experiences during your abbreviated stay. Feel free to call me direct at 607-722-1212 for a room adjustment. Thank you. Bob Greene, General Manager.