“Service like none other”

Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Binghamton
Stockholm, Sweden
“Service like none other”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I was in Binghamton to help my son get settled for an internship. The first morning of my stay I was welcomed to the restaurant by Sabrina. She went above and beyond in terms of service through out my entire stay. The first morning Travis cooked my veggie skillet perfectly. I truly enjoyed that breakfast. We had several meals at the hotel and Rachel and Melissa also gave us excellent service. The Sunday Brunch was excellent and I enjoyed the Chicken Tettrizini and the pastries the most. Thank you Stephanie for all the help at the front desk. Everyone was very happy and cared about the people that they were serving. Thank you so much to everyone at the hotel.

Room Tip: I was on the 8th floor and it was very quiet with a good view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Beth, we had so much fun with you are your son last weekend as he was preparing for his internship with the Binghamton Senators. If you come back to see him, we would love to have you back in our hotel!!!

Bob Greene

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Trenton, Canada
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

After leaving from nightmare at Days inn that costs us $70 from hell, it was midnight and Holiday inn gave us an excellent price for military at $92 a night and wow, its like Holiday inn is a paradise and Dayss inn binghamton is a HELL hole!!! Thanks Holiday inn for giving us a good night and the next morning going back home in Trenton, Ontario, Canada.

• Stayed December 2012
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Just a quick note to say thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay here at the Holiday Inn Binghamton. We have many guests from Ontario that stay with us. I return the favor and get to Kingston and Ottawa as often as possible. Thanks again, Bob Greene, General Manager
Overland Park, KS
Reviewed December 9, 2012

It has a decent exercise room and it has a restaurant and lounge. In the winter they shut down the A/C and my room was 86 degrees so I had to open the window so I didn't roast. bed was comfortable and big screen TV with 2 HBO's. Internet access was good and the hotel overall was clean. A little dated and it shows but a safe stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank M M
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay here recently. I apologize for the hot room as you are correct that during winter we are forced to turn off the air conditioning. We are in the process of analyzing different room energy programs to avoid situations like your room being too hot and hope to install a hotel wide energy program this winter. If your travels bring you back to Binghamton, please stop in and say hello! Bob Greene, General Manager
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stefanie at the front desk was incredible! Helped my wife and I find a place to eat downtown and was so accommodating to us both. Her professionalism made our stay very enjoyable and will recommend to others in the future.

• Stayed October 2012
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding Stephanie at the front desk!!
It is employees like her that make my job a pleasure!

Best regards!!

Bob Greene
Baltimore
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel to come watch a hockey game with a couple of friends who live in the area. The hotel was very close to the arena being only a few steps away. My entire stay was very good the only downside was that the rooms were kind of small but still very nice and the bar is a great atmosphere. Also Mike at the front desk did was great in every way he was very efficent and friendly at check in even though he was very busy with a huge line and busy phones we also stopped back to ask a couple questions about some things in the area and awnsered every question with great detail and professionalism and went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and beacuse of him we will be back. Overall this was a good stay and would recommend to anyone regardless of occasion.

Room Tip: get a room on river side
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ryan J
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I have loved staying at this hotel for many days at time. I come up down from Ottawa to watch mini sens when i get the chance. Everything was good in my stay and i would recommend anyone to stay here while wanting to enjoy the downtown life and games. Stefaine was amazing checking me out she is always a friendly face to see. The new faces are nice but it would be nice to see some of the old. Katie was a good front desk person who always helped me out so that will be missed but i will come back when i have the chance. please keep up your good work the hotel is doing amazing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for your very nice comments regarding visiting this hotel from Ottawa to see the Binghamton Senators play. We were expecting you due to the NHL lockout. Thanks for your comments on Steph as she is terrific. I visit Ottawa frequently and stay at that Holiday Inn in Gattineau. Next time you make the trip, please stop in and say hello. Bob Greene, General Manager.
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I had a suite overlooking the river, which was great; heavily scarred furniture and a malfunctioning desk chair that needed replacing, not so good. But the chair was replaced promptly when I asked. I also had repeated problems with the door lock, which a maintenance worker said was due to its age. Again, the hotel staff acted promptly to remedy this. This hotel's location is great if you want to explore downtown Binghamton. I found an exceptional independent bookstore a half block away, and a charming Ukrainian restaurant. The river walk is pleasant, and the hotel restaurant was good. The room price was OK, but this hotel is in need of some serious renovation.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
BGMAR, General Manager at Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Ariana, thank you for taking the time to blog about our Holiday Inn here in Binghamton. We take this and all types of feedback to heart. Thank you for the comments about the staff as, quite honestly, I take great pride in them. Our Executive Housekeeper and I are going to walk all the suites to review the condition of the furniture as we were recently renovated and "Relaunched" in accordance with the new Holiday Inn standards. If your travels bring you this way again, please stop in and say hello. By the way, that Ukranian restaurant is terrific as is the owner. Bob Greene, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Binghamton
DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton
Grand Royale Hotel
Grand Royale Hotel
#10 of 13 in Binghamton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Binghamton University-Vestal

Been to Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown? Share your experiences!