“Better Than Last Time!”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Binghamton
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I wrote a review on this hotel two years ago and gave it the same three star rating, but had more negative to say than good. I'm happy to say some improvements have been made that give me more positive things to say this time around. First off, the staff (Bambi in particular) were very helpful and friendly. Room was much cleaner and less worn looking this time around. Due to a full hotel, we were asked to take a pet friendly room, even though we had no pets. We agreed, and I am happy to report the room was spotless. You would never know animals had ever stayed in this same room. We did experience a noise issue with our "next door neighbors", which the staff took care of immediately. My only complaint is that this is a smoking hotel, and the smell of smoke was present in the hallways and the non-smoking rooms. Other than that, we had a great stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank RaceTrackHunter

Reviewed September 30, 2012

The building and grounds are in good shape and the personal are very helpful. The interior rooms and halls are getting worn and are in need of refreshing; they even smell musty. The lobby appears to have been remodeled.Breakfast was good. The outdated rooms really detract from a better rating.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the freeway are noisy get one facing the access road.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank george29938
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This was my first Hotel on my travels from Toronto to New York by Car. So I wanted a comfortable place to break my journey. From the outside the Hotel looks very tidy and smart, which we all expect from this chain. When I entered the reception I was greeted warmly by the people who checked me in for my room. Straight away felt, I had made a good choice, I had booked a twin room with 2 double bed as I was travelling with 2 other people, The beds were good and the room was very tidy. The Bathroom was weird for some reason, the sink was in the bedroom away from the shower/Bathroom. This is the only thing I found fault with but I still found the Hotel Good. Breakfast room is near reception and had plenty of choice, Outside is the swimming pool,which I found incredibly clean for an outside swimming pool. I wanted to jump in. The Hotel is situated on a main road not far from shops and restaurants. I would visit this Hotel again

Room Tip: I had a room opposite the swimming pool on the 3rd Floor and was satisfied with the location.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank shaun1968red
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stayed one night here. It's not fancy but clean and the beds are comfortable. The pillows were very soft and they have 4 per bed! Usually you only see two so this was nice.
We didn't have a pet but they do allow them which was good. However, if you can ask for a floor with no pets. We were woken up early in the am by a barking dog.
Breakfast was good. Eggs, waffles, sausage, yogurt, cereal, hard boiled eggs, bagels, and toast.
Good place for the money.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stayed at this hotel while on a tour bus visit to Cooperstown and Yankee Stadium. My first impression of the hotel was one of disappointment, but after three nights in three different hotels, there were some strengths here. While not impressive looking, our bedroom seemed clean and the beds were comfortable. Breakfast was free and beyond the basics, with a cook preparing waffles and hot eggs and bacon in warming trays. Lots of pastries, cereals, etc. We appreciated the bathroom set-up the following night when two of us could not even get in the bathroom at the next hotel. At this Comfort Inn, the sink is on the outside of the bathroom, allowing my husband to shave in peace while I took my shower. Not a fancy place, but serviceable. I have no idea what we paid for the rooms, since we were on a bus trip, so I cannot judge its value.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2012

the room was a good size. it was clean. the staff was friendly.. loved the breakfast. the kids loved the outdoor pool...

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank anagirl
Reviewed April 13, 2012

They promise a full breakfast. Lots of room at the back for the dog. Good sized room, clean, fast wifi.

Good for an overnight but hardly a destination.

Stayed: April 2012