“Winter HAven”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Binghamton
Rochester, New York
“Winter HAven”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

We had an unplanned stay at this hotel due to my car having a mechanical failure. First, they didn't overcharge us on the rate so immediately I'm feeling better about the place. The hallways had a funky smell but the room was odor free, warm and comfy. The bed was comfortable and the shower had good pressure.
The staff was as friendly as can be. In the morning we called down to see about a late check out since we had no idea what would happen to our car. Seems as though they had already been informed about our predicament and late check-out was not a problem. Since we had nothing to do but hang out we went to the continental breakfast. Again, we were surprised at what we found. They had someone on staff making waffles, eggs and sausage. Coffee was hot fresh and delicious.
Hopefully, I won't get stuck in Binghamton again but,if I do I will definitely stay here again

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank rjfmkt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
PA
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Stayed here for two nights for a nearby training. They made me wait while they got verification of business credit card, but not a big deal. Offered me coffee while I waited and explained the process. Realized the room didn't have any heat, and since it was 2 degrees, called front desk. They immediately came up and checked it out and when they couldn't get it to work, they switched me to another room within 15 minutes with no problem at all. There was free coffee and cookies available in the in afternoons and evenings, and the free breakfast was great. An attendant made waffles to order and there were scrambled eggs, sausage, cereals, pastries, bagels, toast, yogurts, fresh fruit, juices, and coffee. Great places to eat in both directions and easy access to 81 and 88. I'd have no problem staying here again. Price was $98 per night.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Julezz
Brattleboro, Vermont
Reviewed November 9, 2011

What I noticed first about this hotel was the heavy duty pick-ups in the parking lot and the men in the hallway with muddy boots. And I really think that image describes the property well. This is a place where the management won't worry too much about dirty boots, or muddy paws if traveling with a dog. It suits someone traveling for a particular reason.

If you are just looking for an easy place to stay, the bed was comfortable enough, the rooms clean. It's all a bit dated, but it doesn't take away from this being an efficient place to stay.

If you are looking for an experience while away, this isn't it. This isn't a place where you want to lounge around either in the lobby or in your hotel room. This just just functional.

In my room there is a two seat table, but not a desk. The internet is sufficient, but does require some waiting. I wouldn't say this hotel is suited to a business person.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank sinarmatahari
New York
Reviewed October 14, 2011

We enjoyed our stay here. The room was clean and big enough. We used our reward points to stay, but I'm not sure the standard price would really have been worth it. It was nice, but not that nice. That said, we would stay here again if we catch a good price on the room.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank NewYorkBowhunter
Reviewed October 12, 2011

It was a bit smelly. Was good location, good prices, great housekeeping.

• Stayed September 2011
3 Thank wrestlingmom28
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I travel for business weekly. I have spent a lot of nights in Comfort Inns. This is by far the worst one I have stayed in. I asked at the front desk for a room away from traffic, she told me there weren't any. I asked again and she magically was able to find one. The hotel is in poor condition. The carpet has been there way to long. The floor in the halls and my room hadn't seen a vacuum cleaner recently. It was a budget hotel that was converted to a Comfort Inn. Stay at the Faifield it's about .5 mile away.The overall service experience with the staff was poor at best.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank frequenttravelerdave
Helsingborg, Sweden
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We found this hotel and a good deal through one of the hotel guides that we picked up crossing the border into NY, as we wanted a nice clean room in a chain hotel on our way to our Canadian vacation.

The hotel was not new, but seemed fresh, and the room was clean. Also, the room was a good size, with two full-size beds, a desk, and still a lot of space in the room. The bathroom was also clean and large. Free WiFi is also appreciated.

The breakfast buffet was fine, typical quick hotel fare. All of the coworkers we encountered were friendly and helpful. We will stay here again on our trip through next year!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Tucker33
Also consider these accommodations in or near Binghamton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Binghamton
DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton
Fairfield Inn Binghamton
Fairfield Inn Binghamton
#4 of 13 in Binghamton
Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown
Quality Inn & Suites Binghamton
Quality Inn & Suites at Binghamton University

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!