“Best bed and pillows in any hotel”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Binghamton
Lewisburg, West Virginia
“Best bed and pillows in any hotel”
Reviewed October 3, 2007

We think this was the best Comfort Inn we've ever stayed in and the best bed and pillows in any hotel. The hotel was attractive and well designed. The breakfast and the breakfast staff exceeded expetations. The front dest personnel did not have much personality and when I praised the bed, the manager did not even smile. They were not hostile just going thru the motions. There are several restaurants in the immediate area.

• Liked — The bed and pillows
  • Disliked — Front desk personnel were impersonal.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank WVMaven

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
NE USA
Reviewed July 3, 2007

This hotel claims to have rooms that meet ADA standards, but apparently, they do not have rooms that actually meet the standards. Additionally, the so-called handicapped room is as far as possible from the handicapped parking. There is an exterior door near that room, but it only opens out.

The staff was rude and abusive to me when I complained about my room. I was scolded as if I were a child and told to take it or leave it. I left rather than stay there. The hotel staff did nothing to help me find other accommodations in the area. Fortunately, I was able to find a place on my own.

It was an extremely distressing experience.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Binghamton hotels

Newburgh, New York
Reviewed June 9, 2007

My friends and I stopped in last minute looking for a room after a horrible B&B experience in Binghamton, and found the staff to be very friendly and helpful, giving us a great rate and allowing us to check into our room early so we could continue on and enjoy our weekend. Room was very clean, our special requests fulfilled quickly,continental breakfast was quite extensive, very clean and fresh, even made to order waffles! Unlimited long distance calls and internet access at no charge. Would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — friendly staff
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank Weezie01
West Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 8, 2006

I would give the Comfort Inn a 3 1/2. For this area of Binghamton I would recommend. The hotel is a little worn. However, compared to the others in that area (besides the Fairfield, pricey) I would stay at this hotel again. The rooms were overall clean and the staff was great! They do offer a the now common continental breakfast. Although there was an older lady that made waffles for you which goes along with the whole great staff thing. The clientel that I met when I stayed was from retired IBM, a german family, and ladies doing a charity function from the midwest. Hey it is what it is........

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — That the hotel was a little worn
  • Tips/Secrets — Check rates on the net before you call
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank mjakows
Eatontown, NY
Reviewed October 4, 2004

The Days Inn of Binghamton, NY was a pleasant surprise. Very clean, comfortable, up to date rooms. My daughter said the shower was the "best ever". The motel was full and yet the rooms were quiet - even though we were on the same wing and floor as a boys lacrosse team. Both the late evening and early morning staff was very friendly and accommodating to the extent that I was motivated to write this review (my fist ever!). The continental breakfast was adequate and there is a Cracker Barrel nearby if something more than cereal, bagels, & muffins are required.

6 Thank LynnKF51
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 25, 2004

I recently had a business stay in Binghamton and chose the Days Inn on Front St. I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. The staff was also very helpful and courteous. In the mornings they provide a small breakfast spread in the lobby and they have a bunch of regional newspapers laid out. I will stay there again on my next trip to Binghamton.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
NY
Reviewed November 6, 2003

Tour groups, business people and truckers tend to stay here. Rooms do not have irons and boards, though they are available at the desk. A light breakfast, pizza, soup, cookies and coffee are available for guests. Staff are accomodating. Location is a bit off the path for malls and restaurants, but right off the inter-state. It is easy to find your way from here. It is an older building, which staff try to maintain, but needs a face-lift. I would like to extend the efforts of staff an above average rating, though management needs to pay more attention to this property

8 Thank RubySlippers1655
Also consider these accommodations in or near Binghamton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Binghamton
DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton
Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown
Quality Inn & Suites Binghamton
Fairfield Inn Binghamton
Fairfield Inn Binghamton
#4 of 13 in Binghamton
Quality Inn & Suites at Binghamton University

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!