“always will be my favorite cafe”
Review of Nezuntoz

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Nezuntoz
Ranked #47 of 214 Restaurants in Binghamton
Binghamton, New York
“always will be my favorite cafe”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

this will always be my favorite cafe. the coffee is delicious, they use fair trade coffee, and they have such a unique menu to choose from. I use to come here with my friend almost every morning to have coffee and a bagel. the bread is always fresh and brought in from Ithaca bakery everyday. there are many unusual sandwich choices. Great place to relax for an hour or two.

• Visited October 2012

New York City, New York
“Great bagels 100 miles north of NYC”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Great bagels, yummy sandwich combos, friendly service, unusual varieties of salads, cream cheeses and bagels.

Visited November 2012
Binghamton, New York
“Nice place witha funky menu and reasonable prices!”
Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

I've stopped in here numerous times and have never been disappointed. Nice atmosphere, friendly staff, great sandwiches and unique homemade soups. Definatly a place to stop in for a coffee, sandwich or to satisfy a craving for sweets!

Annapolis, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great place to stop for lunch if you're on the road! Thanks tripadvisor!!!”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We loved this cafe when we stopped here for a lunch break on our return trip from New York to Maryland. After reading its reviews on tripadvisor, we programmed our GPS to take us to Nezuntoz (Knees and Toes) from the highway. It's next to a drug store and across from a large health care building so I wasn't sure what it would look like inside.

What a surprise! A great modern cafe and colorful, artistic chalk boards with the menu hanging on the wall behind the counter. The best surprise of all was the extremely friendly and helpful staff. I thought I'd been magically transported to the Seattle, Washington area. Our smiling counter lady consulted with us on the sandwiches and soups, we placed our orders (mine was special - no problem) and received our food from the friendly sandwich makers. I got the comment from the woman who made my sandwich that she hadn't heard of a tuna with egg salad sandwich since she was a child and it brought back happy memories for her. How nice! Now, is that the response you usually get from a special sandwich order? The sandwiches were very tasty with fresh ingredients and a wonderful freshly baked flat bread, our soup was homemade and my coffee, again, was so good it made me think I was in Seattle.

As we were leaving, we asked our sandwich makers about visiting the antique area of town we'd seen advertised from the highway. We told them we were taking an hour break from our drive. They said that the antique shopping district wasn't quite a big as advertised and that the stores often close over lunch or have erratic store hours. They recommended that we drive along Riverside Drive and look at the beautiful old homes. We were given perfect directions for the drive and return to the highway. What a treat! We loved getting a chance to look at the historic homes and river area of the city. Thank you so much to everyone at Nezuntoz. We'll be back the next time we drive to New York!

The menu is on the website so you can check it out ahead of time.

Note: Stop here if you have time for a stop. This is about a 10 minute drive from 81 with lights and traffic and the sandwiches are made to order, so this is not a quick highway pit stop, even though service at the cafe is excellent. Also, this is not a fine dining restaurant - you order at the counter. I think a bus or large church van full of people might be a but much for the restaurant over the lunch hour with their normal customers, so I'd call ahead for a big group.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank honymooner092011
“Fresh and delicious, worth the slightly higher price.”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Everything here is delicious and made with fresh ingredients, including somelocal and fair trade products.
Coffee is awesome. Love the iced coffee with a shot of sugar free hazelnut syrup and a splash of skim.
Some of the prices are slightly higher than an average diner, but
the quality of the food is so much better.
I suggest splitting a whole sandwich since they are large and on heavier bread.
The Turkey Torta is yummy. The salad called Bird of Paradise is better if you order it with romaine, no bleu cheese or olives, dressing on the side.
Their quiche is always good and so are the breakfast sandwiches.
Watch for monthly specials for great deals.