“Not so hot”

Add it.
Juanito's Cocina
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Sadly there is not a decent Mexican restaurant in Binghamton....at least I have yet to find it. This one is no exception to the rule. Tried it twice with the same results..." Not so hot". Will not try it again.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

My teenage daughters and have been to Juanito's many times and have always enjoyed ourselves. Our visit last night was no exception but it was the first time I'd been there since becoming vegan which always creates challenges with finding a suitable meal.

Our server last night was outstanding. She asked us for our first names and used them throughout our meal. When I needed to create a custom burrito without meat or cheese she sat next to me and patiently suggested fillings for what turned out to be a delicious dish.

My girls were very happy with their tacos and taco salad and thoroughly enjoyed their first taste of fried ice cream and the guacamole we shared. The food is fresh and you never have to wait long. I just wish they had a liquor license so I could enjoy a margarita with my meal.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

The manager refused to honor the voucher from Deal Chicken. The ad said beans and rice with every meal, but the featured "Nanny Wrap" did not include beans and rice. Quality of the food was not good. Tapitios is much better and more authentic Mexican food.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

This place used to be called Margarita's, but changed ownership in 2012, and is now called Juanito's Cocina. All reviews prior to 2012 should be purged from this site as they are not representative of the culinary metamorphosis this restaurant has undergone. This is my go to place for a good meal, that is fresh and filling for a reasonable price. The Gringo chicken or carnitas (pork) Enchiladas, Tampiquena, Smothered Burrito, and Fajitas are our family favorites. The guacamole, beans, and lime cilantro rice or calabacitas, are a great compliment with all entree's. the Pernil (pork) is delicious. A family run restaurant well worth the visit. Buen Provecho!!!

Reviewed May 12, 2012

This is a small quasi neighborhood Mexican eatery run by a family. The service can be inconsistent and some times the food isn't perfect, but is always consistent is the owners passion for cooking and sharing Mexican his culture. The food is fairly inexpensive, the drinks are reasonable and the atmosphere s about whatnyounwant would expect. Once in a while, we should look at dining at an ethnic restaurant, as not just how good the food, service or ambiance was. What about the cultural experience of dining and did you walk away with a little bit more knowledge, tan when you walked in the door? I think we all need to understand how difficult it is for these family run restaurants to compete in today's environment. Low pay, long hours and demanding customers....what a way to make a living? Whether it's Tai, Indian, Mexican or even Turkish, maybe be time think about what it would be like if your family ran that restaurant and maybe just be a little bit more patient and understanding towards those folks that add so much to the cultural fabric of our community!