“Delicious filet mignon!”

Argo Restaurant
New York
“Delicious filet mignon!”
Reviewed August 27, 2011

We ate there today and were pleasantly surprised. I wasn't expecting much, especially because from the outside it looked more like a bar with neon beer advertisements in the windows. We were swayed to try it because of the many positive reviews and because checking the menu online revealed very low prices.
We each got the 8 oz. filet mignon plus veggies, potato and soup for $12.95. We are from NYC, so at that price, I was expecting terrible food. It was actually very good, we couldn't believe it. Mine was medium-well and the other was medium. Our son had the child's mac and cheese - the portion was huge and the dish was tasty. The second best restaurant mac and cheese that he's been served (he's 1, so he hasn't had all the many).
Our waitress was incredibly attentive, I wish I knew her name so I could commend her. After finding out we were here to escape the hurricane, she put extra plasticware and crackers in with our leftovers, for us to have at the hotel. The rest of the staff was also wonderful, everyone seemed to genuinely care about the service they provided.
We would definitely go back.

• Visited August 2011

Binghamton, New York
“Great improvement”
Reviewed April 14, 2011

I used to go to the Argo quite often but after a few bad experiences I was turned off. I recently heard that it was under new management and after hearing from a few people that I absolutely had to try it again I figured why not. I could not believe how much better it was this time around. Servers were much more friendly, prices were still low, and food was MUCH MUCH better. New owner (or whoever he is) is a talker, but gotta give him credit for turning the place around.

Visited April 2011
1 Thank eater2212
Syracuse, New York
“Fantastic! Food, service, portions were all terrific!”
Reviewed April 12, 2011

We went to Binghamton for a concert and an early dinner. Argo was on the Restaurant Week list and we looked forward to the Greek offerings on the menu. Wow! Fantastic meal! Our waitress was sweet and attentive. The food was wonderful! Terrific flavors and the portions were beyond generous. Wish it was closer to home, we'd visit often!

• Visited April 2011
Binghamton, New York
“excellent food, great service”
Reviewed March 27, 2011

I came here on a whim several weeks ago. I have been back at least once a week since!! Insanely large portions. The price is incredible - makes 'forgetting to pack a lunch' desirable. Where can you get service, great food and a place that seems to remember you ... in Binghamton... only at Argo! The servers, not many that I have encountered, but all excellent. One, don't know her name but has an accent, seems to remember what I like to drink and has it in minutes recommends items now that she knows what I like and has never set me on a bad path. The chef/owner comes around to check on the customers himself, I don't think I can remember when this has happened to me before. Usually owners go to one maybe two tables of their 'upper' clients or their friends. My new place .... Argo!!!!!

After reading some other review, i feel that these 'bad' comments are either some other restaurant confused with Argo or mean people who just hate life as this was nothing that I have experienced. OR there have been some type of extreme changes at Argo.

• Visited March 2011
Binghamton
“Gone Downhill”
Reviewed January 14, 2010

My wife and I used to really enjoy going to the Argo. They have a great Buffalo Chicken Salad which we really like!

Unfortunately, the last couple of times we've gone we've been very disappointed. The last time our food took forever to come out; the they forgot to put the bacon on our salads; the waitress would disappear for half an hour; and when we finished and got the check, we discovered they had begun charging $0.50 a refill on iced tea and soda. We were told it was to prevent some of the college kids from taking up a table for hours and only ordering cokes. Fine, I can understand that, but they should have told us that. I checked the menu - didn't say anything about charging for refills.

We haven't been there in a few months now. Who knows, maybe we'll give it another try at some point down the road. If they can get their act back together, it could be a good place again.