“Now these are Speidies”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed August 25, 2012

They have the best speidies in the area. Moist and tender, pork speidies ala Endwell Style are my favorite, as a 12 inch sub or a tasty sandwhich. Great hot fries. The owners two sisters that work all day always make my day a pleasent experience ! And don't leave without trying their home made rice crispies chocolate chip melt in your mouth cookie bar.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

The food is a local dish, very tasty. You can get chicken, beef or pork Speidies. It was slightly spicy. It stayed with you all day. Worth a stop. Good value.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I've lived in the area most of my life. I've eaten at many spiedie restaurants and have purchased many marinades to make my own. But...
Spiedie and Rib Pit makes the best spiedies in this area. They have lots of variations on the traditional sandwich--my favorite is the Buffalo Chicken--but watch it, cause it can be pretty spicy! Their onion rings are DELICIOUS too!
(The only thing I've ever been disappointed with here is their burgers--from frozen patties and they don't always get cooked through in the middle on the grill.)
This restaurant did a great job getting up and running after our big flood in Sept '11. They are better than ever! I hope they are in business for MANY years to come!

2  Thank Nancy L
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I had never had a chicken spiedie until I moved to Upstate NY, so I didn't know what I had been missing! These are very, very good. We always stop by when we are in Binghamton.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Stopped on our way from Buffalo to NYC for lunch. Worth driving off the interstates to eat at this fabulous diamond in the rough. Nothing fancy, order at the counter, they call you when it's ready, which is fast, considering the meat is not pre-cooked like so many places. All we had were the Spiedies, for a quick delicious lunch, although there are many yummy things to choose from. Spiedies' for those who don't know, are like souvlaki, marinated chunks of meat (here chicken or pork) which are grilled and then served on seasoned grilled pita breads. They have choices for embellishing these tender, beautifully and freshly cooked morsels such as Buffalo Style, Endwell style (mushrooms and cheese), Spiedissimo (cheese peppers onions), greek style, caprese (which we opted for - bruschetta, basil, garlic, pesto, lettuce, mozzarella) and also Chipotle...spicy goodness. The pita bread is crispy, warm and addictive. Make sure you use lots of napkins and don't eat over your pants or you will be sorry! Can we stop here again on our way back?? Please????

1  Thank rovingcarole