“Comfy and homey” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pickle Hill B&B

Pickle Hill B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Binghamton
Pickle Hill B&B
Ranked #1 of 1 Binghamton B&B and Inns
NYC
“Comfy and homey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

My husband, 12 year old daughter and I had a lovely 2 night stay at Pickle Hill. We had 2 rooms plus the TV room to spread out in and we felt very much at home. Much better than a sterile hotel room and very reasonably priced. Delicious breakfast, too. Tom and Leslie were very welcoming and we will definitely return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jonjannyc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Elgin, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

What a find, this place is fantastic, the breakfast was enough to make you want to stay another night. The proprietors Tom and Leslie are so friendly and they cannot do enough for you. You cannot go wrong staying here, we will be returning, in fact if we go to NY again we will not look anywhere else.
Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Edith and Keith

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Keith W
Mastic Beach, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I found Pickle Hill B&B by chance and were so pleasantly surprised by the warm, friendly nature of its proprietors, Tom and Leslie. You see, our daughter lives in Binghamton, so we come up often and used to stay at a local hotel, sometimes finding badly made-up beds, unclean carpets and an often ill-equipped, self-serve breakfast room for a ridiculously high price.
This was a new experience for us; never having stayed at a B&B before. We were greeted by two of the sweetest folks and made to feel so welcome in their well kept home. Our room was warm, comfortable and so pretty. Breakfast was more than I expected - I felt like royalty sitting in the dining room, surrounded by beautifully gleaming hardwoods and cozy touches of country goodness. Tom made sure my coffee mug was always full and offered us choices of fresh orange juice and cider from a local mill! Leslie's breakfasts were spectacular in flavor and presentation! They are truly an amazing couple and so interesting to talk with. Our last morning there, we just did not want to leave the table as conversations flowed as if we'd known them for years!! I must add that as we came home one evening, we were greeted by this dear couple who had a lit candle in a chocolate cake waiting - they remembered I mentioned it was my husband's birthday!! I could go on and on, but suffice it to say that although we arrived as 'customers', as we left, we felt we were saying goodbye to dear friends. Tom and Leslie will be seeing us again, that's for sure!

Room Tip: There are three rooms available - all fitting different needs. Either way, you will not be disappoin...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Momship214
Kaiapoi, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

We arrived a bit early and the hosts were not there. Partly our fault as we drove from NYC and it didnt take as long as we thought.
Tom and Leslie turned out to be awesome hosts,and we had a fantasic time with them.
Its an older house but very well kept , neat and clean. Nice rooms ,with the bathroom and toilet area done with old wood ,which I real liked.
On the Friday night Tom was trying to give us directions to go to a cider farm with some local singing talent,in the end we said to them to come along with us.So all 4 of us jumped in their car and had a great evening.
Nice to just sit out on the front porch with Tom and watch every thing go by ,and chat about all manner of topics.
Both Leslie and Tom put on a good breakfast in the mornings
This is a place worth looking at if you head out this way. You will not be dissappointed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

I was here with my Mother and I highly reccomend it. The owners are so kind and helpful. I'm new to the area and haven't settled down yet, but this place felt like a home away from home. It was comfortable and we had plenty of privacy. The breakfast is out of this world. I hope others will be lucky enough to have such a great time here.
That poor review is way out of line, disregard it completely. The back door is private and it says so, those girls don't know how to read. The house is very well kept, the girls shouldn't have been snooping around the owners personal space.

• Stayed June 2012
Blacksburg, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

I emailed asking about a room "a week from Saturday." It was a full day before they replied and it turned out they thought I meant a week-long stay. (My wording was unintentionally ambiguous.) It took another full day to clear that up and then they said they didn't have a room available that night after all, even though the week they'd offered me included that night. I asked them to add minimum stay information to their website.

It sounds like a lovely place, but I wasted two days and ended in disappointment, so I doubt we will try again.

I tried to submit this without a rating, but it won't take it. I'm not qualified to rate the B&B as I haven't been there. Judging from the reviews I'm sure it's very nice.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stayed here for my son's graduation at Binghamton and had a great stay. Tom and Leslie did a fantastic job. The food was great, Tom played a little on the piano for us during breakfast which was very nice, and just the feeling you get from staying here was unreal. We sat on the porch and just admired the scenary and great weather. It was my first time to a B&B and really enjoyed it. Since there are only 3 rooms to rent out we had the whole place to ourselves which made it alot better. Would definately stay there again. Thanks again for a wonderful time Tom & Leslie.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Thomas M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Binghamton
DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton
Fairfield Inn Binghamton
Fairfield Inn Binghamton
#4 of 13 in Binghamton
Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal

Been to Pickle Hill B&B? Share your experiences!