“We had a great time”
Review of Pickle Hill B&B

Pickle Hill B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Binghamton
Pickle Hill B&B
Ranked #1 of 1 Binghamton B&B and Inns
Kaiapoi, New Zealand
“We had a great time”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We arrived a bit early and the hosts were not there. Partly our fault as we drove from NYC and it didnt take as long as we thought.
Tom and Leslie turned out to be awesome hosts,and we had a fantasic time with them.
Its an older house but very well kept , neat and clean. Nice rooms ,with the bathroom and toilet area done with old wood ,which I real liked.
On the Friday night Tom was trying to give us directions to go to a cider farm with some local singing talent,in the end we said to them to come along with us.So all 4 of us jumped in their car and had a great evening.
Nice to just sit out on the front porch with Tom and watch every thing go by ,and chat about all manner of topics.
Both Leslie and Tom put on a good breakfast in the mornings
This is a place worth looking at if you head out this way. You will not be dissappointed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I was here with my Mother and I highly reccomend it. The owners are so kind and helpful. I'm new to the area and haven't settled down yet, but this place felt like a home away from home. It was comfortable and we had plenty of privacy. The breakfast is out of this world. I hope others will be lucky enough to have such a great time here.
That poor review is way out of line, disregard it completely. The back door is private and it says so, those girls don't know how to read. The house is very well kept, the girls shouldn't have been snooping around the owners personal space.

• Stayed June 2012
Blacksburg, VA
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I emailed asking about a room "a week from Saturday." It was a full day before they replied and it turned out they thought I meant a week-long stay. (My wording was unintentionally ambiguous.) It took another full day to clear that up and then they said they didn't have a room available that night after all, even though the week they'd offered me included that night. I asked them to add minimum stay information to their website.

It sounds like a lovely place, but I wasted two days and ended in disappointment, so I doubt we will try again.

I tried to submit this without a rating, but it won't take it. I'm not qualified to rate the B&B as I haven't been there. Judging from the reviews I'm sure it's very nice.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stayed here for my son's graduation at Binghamton and had a great stay. Tom and Leslie did a fantastic job. The food was great, Tom played a little on the piano for us during breakfast which was very nice, and just the feeling you get from staying here was unreal. We sat on the porch and just admired the scenary and great weather. It was my first time to a B&B and really enjoyed it. Since there are only 3 rooms to rent out we had the whole place to ourselves which made it alot better. Would definately stay there again. Thanks again for a wonderful time Tom & Leslie.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Thomas M
New York
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Had a great stay at the Pickle Hill earlier this week. Tom was a gracious and interesting host (he's a college professor), the house has a lot of character and charm and I really felt at home. Breakfast was very good (and Tom was happy to accommodate my early schedule) and the location is close to downtown, quiet and easy to find. I would go back in a heartbeat. And the price can not be beat - I actually think it is too good a value.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank NanookNY
London, England
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We were visiting flood victim family and found this B and B to be a lovely haven. Tom and Leslie were very friendly, and made us feel at home right away. We enjoyed singing Christmas carols to Tom's organ playing, chatting with him about current events, and his breakfasts and attention to detail. Leslie's apple pancakes were delicious and we enjoyed learning about the history of the area and nearby towns. Our bed was so comfortable and the room warm and cosy. The sharing of the bathroom and the decor prevented it from a higher rating. However, we would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank V&RLondon
Maitland
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I travelled to Binghamton to see friends just after the flooding there. I don't think I could have come at a worse time, shops closed, houses damaged, the bus service not running but Tom and Leslie made me more than welcome.

The downstairs rooms have been splendidly restored, the wood work shines with polish, the chairs are comfortable, the ambiance is of a very finely maintained old home.

Upstairs the bedroom was comfortable the bathroom clean and convenient.

the food was very good- again more than I wanted -and when I returned from seeing my friends I was offered a dessert.

The one thing that stops me giving it an excellent rating is that the upper storey has not been restoried. Tom and Leslie spend a bit on getting the bedrooms to the same finish as the public rooms and you will have an excellent b and b

Potential patrons -ignore the one negative comment, this really is a good place, very friendly very helpful and a great price.

I'd stay there again with pleasure

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo