“Great Time”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pickle Hill B&B

Pickle Hill B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Binghamton
Pickle Hill B&B
Ranked #1 of 1 Binghamton B&B and Inns
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Great Time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stayed here for my son's graduation at Binghamton and had a great stay. Tom and Leslie did a fantastic job. The food was great, Tom played a little on the piano for us during breakfast which was very nice, and just the feeling you get from staying here was unreal. We sat on the porch and just admired the scenary and great weather. It was my first time to a B&B and really enjoyed it. Since there are only 3 rooms to rent out we had the whole place to ourselves which made it alot better. Would definately stay there again. Thanks again for a wonderful time Tom & Leslie.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Thomas M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2012

Had a great stay at the Pickle Hill earlier this week. Tom was a gracious and interesting host (he's a college professor), the house has a lot of character and charm and I really felt at home. Breakfast was very good (and Tom was happy to accommodate my early schedule) and the location is close to downtown, quiet and easy to find. I would go back in a heartbeat. And the price can not be beat - I actually think it is too good a value.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank NanookNY
London, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

We were visiting flood victim family and found this B and B to be a lovely haven. Tom and Leslie were very friendly, and made us feel at home right away. We enjoyed singing Christmas carols to Tom's organ playing, chatting with him about current events, and his breakfasts and attention to detail. Leslie's apple pancakes were delicious and we enjoyed learning about the history of the area and nearby towns. Our bed was so comfortable and the room warm and cosy. The sharing of the bathroom and the decor prevented it from a higher rating. However, we would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank V&RLondon
Maitland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

I travelled to Binghamton to see friends just after the flooding there. I don't think I could have come at a worse time, shops closed, houses damaged, the bus service not running but Tom and Leslie made me more than welcome.

The downstairs rooms have been splendidly restored, the wood work shines with polish, the chairs are comfortable, the ambiance is of a very finely maintained old home.

Upstairs the bedroom was comfortable the bathroom clean and convenient.

the food was very good- again more than I wanted -and when I returned from seeing my friends I was offered a dessert.

The one thing that stops me giving it an excellent rating is that the upper storey has not been restoried. Tom and Leslie spend a bit on getting the bedrooms to the same finish as the public rooms and you will have an excellent b and b

Potential patrons -ignore the one negative comment, this really is a good place, very friendly very helpful and a great price.

I'd stay there again with pleasure

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank backnumber
NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2011

I was headed up to Binghamton for a hockey game, and needed an affordable place to stay for the night. Called last minute, and got me in. This was the perfect place. Close enough to downtown to be convenient, far enough away to be quiet. Owner was friendly, helpful, and accommodating. Breakfast was good (more than I was looking for was offered, which I declined.) And one thing that need to be said: this is one of the only B&Bs I've been to that is truly single friendly, like I've never seen before. Would definitely return and recommend. Ignore the one bad review, stay here, and you'll be happy with your stay.

Room Tip: Just call the owners, they'll set you up.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank khnyr44
New York Traveler
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2010

We recently stayed at this B&B for one night while traveling to another city. We ended up being super late but the owners were still very nice and accommodating (we did call to update them on our progress). Room was very clean as well as the bathroom. Bed was comfortable but squeaky. Breakfast was delish and they made sure that we had enough to eat. They ask what time you want breakfast which is nice because some B&Bs only serve breakfast at the time they want. Price was very reasonable. They take cash or check. Easy to find from the highway. I also left something behind and they made sure to call me to let me know they found it. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank aimdbest
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2010

We recently needed a place to stop on a trip from Richmond VA going north to Schroon Lake in the Adirondacks. We were planning to stop in the Binghamton area to visit the grave of a deceased beloved relative. Unfortunately we traveled needed a place to stay Friday June 25 which happened to coincide with some other events in the greater tri-cities area. With only 17 hotels to pick from all the better rooms were gone and the price/demand curve was putting rooms at a premium. To stay at a Hampton of Marriott was going to run between $350-$400 for two rooms for one night.
Thank goodness for Trip Advisor where I found Pickle Hill B&B. We had a very nice and relaxed stay and enjoyed a good meal at a favorite restaurant in Binghamton. The next morning Leslie and Tom were as gracious and accommodating as could be. The breakfast was quite good and ample.
The home is comfortable and I would say it felt like staying at your brother's or sister's house assuming they were gifted with the attitude of hospitality. The furnishings are exactly as shown, not elegant or fancy but you have everything your need and at a great price.

The only caution I would note is that if you are a light sleeper ask for the bedroom facing the side yard not the street. It didn't bother me one bit but the occasional car rolling by might be a distraction. Other than that I felt very much at home! Excellent selection of reading material in the back room.

Not only would I stay with Leslie and Tom again I recommend you do as well.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Jonathan H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Binghamton
DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton
Fairfield Inn Binghamton
Fairfield Inn Binghamton
#4 of 13 in Binghamton
Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal

Been to Pickle Hill B&B? Share your experiences!