“Fun for little ones”

The Discovery Center
Ranked #4 of 25 things to do in Binghamton
More attraction details
Owner description: 22,500 sq. ft. of play and learn indoor exhibits and an award winning outdoor Story Garden where children's imaginations soar with hands-on activities. Celebrating 31 years of Family Fun! Hours: Monday 10am-3pm for toddlers only (birth-preK) Open to all on Mondays during School Holidays 10am-4pm. Tues - Fri 10am-4pm. Saturday 10am-5pm. Sun noon-5pm. (Closed Sundays in July & Aug) Closed on the following holidays: New Years Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Memorial Day, Father's Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Reviewed August 24, 2012

The gardens as well as the indoor space are great for small children up through about 10. You can get lost here for several hours and in the winter it's a wonderful way to spend the day. A friend of ours hosted an overnight birthday sleepover here and it was a huge hit with the kids.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We have a science center pass and make very good use of it. The great thing about the pass is they all do a share program and we were lucky to be able to visit the Discovery Center in Binghamton. We spent 3 hours here had to pull the kids away. This is definitely one of the coolest places for kids to go to.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Kids love to play in the tree house and the grocery store. Wish they changed their hands on exhibits more often. The Story Garden (outside) is free and so much fun! Very creative designs.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

This place is so amazing. I remember coming here as a child and loving it. Now I bring my 3 year old son here. He has a great time! I love the grocery store and the fire engine. This really is a great place for kids to learn and explore. The story garden outside is also newer and very neat.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Safe, clean, cheap and loads of fun for the kids. I should know because I was one of those kids years back and now my daughter can tear it up in the there and let her imagination run wild. I'm actually kind of jealous because it's so much cooler now than when I was a kid.

1  Thank Dan E