“Lost Dog Cafe - Always found quality!”
Review of The Lost Dog Cafe

The Lost Dog Cafe
Ranked #1 of 215 Restaurants in Binghamton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Lost Dog Cafe, now in its 21st year is locally owned and operated by Marie McKenna & Elizabeth Hughes. We feature fresh, innovated cuisine that is locally sourced when possible including grass-fed beef, and many gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan options. Lost Dog Cafe is a 150 seat restaurant and has a full-bar and an extensive coffee, tea and dessert menu as well. Next door is Lost Dog Cocktail Lounge where guests can stay later and enjoy live music! The Lounge is open until midnight on weekdays and 1 a.m. on Friday & Saturday evenings. We also do catering!
NE USA
“Lost Dog Cafe - Always found quality!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Throughout the years, The Lost Dog Cafe has been consistantly delivering quality food, drinks, & service. Creative food offerings: never fail to delight. Staff are personable, professional, & trained. The Lounge is a great place for a cocktail -our bartender shared her fabulous Effen Cucumber drink.

• Visited May 2013

• Turkish first
Binghamton, New York
“Great for Locals and Students”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I went to the Lost Dog with a vegetarian friend and was very impressed with the menu. They cater to a variety of dietary options. My friend was able to order a vegetarian bean plate (which she loved!) while I order a delicious Turkey sandwich and fries. Overall we were very pleased with the meal.

• Visited April 2013
Indianapolis, IN
“Happenin' place with fantastic food”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I was in town on business and found The Lost Dog via recommendations from a friend. It was surprising to find this hole in the wall in a sleepy town packed on a Tuesday night. It's a fun atmosphere and the food is so good. The service was good - attentive and food came out pretty quickly. I'd definitely go back.

Visited April 2013
Vestal, NY
“The Best In Binghamton”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

The Lost Dog is always great. When friends are in town and I know I want a great dinner I take them to "The Dog."

Visited April 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“A Mardigras in downtown Binghampton!”
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

On an average I eat out at least twice a week in different cities around the country and have never been so impressed with one restaurant.

The initial impression as you enter the place is that it's so lively and the vibe is so positive, you wonder what are they feeding the customers :) They serve food, wine,coffee and teas, beer, speciality cocktails and what not.This also doubles up as a lounge when they have live musical performances. The place is so eclectic, that its worth checking of having a drink just to check it out.

Now about the food. The food here can be best described as flavorful, healthy with a twist that is unique to lost dog. For instance I ordered the veggie burger which did not come with a pattie but instead a grilled and slightly spiced garden burger with the usuals onions, tomatoes with garlic mayo. Every bite was heavenly and the size and portions seem right not excessive. My bar neighbor ordered the house special Rigatoni ala vodka which looked equally tempting. I opted for an organic rooibus tea to go with my dinner (why not) and the barista/ hostess was more than happy to share all the info about it.

Also this place is vegan friendly, gluten free(if you prefer). So they can substitute anything on their menu with vegetarian options.

If you are headed for dinner call ahead and make reservations or you may need to wait. Alternatively the bar is not a bad option either, no wait. Street parking is available in plenty around, I believe validated parking is also available.

Although the whole experience was excellent, it was not glitch free. I had to wait an additional 10 mins at the end of my dinner so the manager could come to take off the 50 c from my check, since they did not have the wheat wrap I ordered. Small annoyance that hope doesn't recur. I would gladly head back to try everything on the menu.

• Visited April 2013