“Happenin' place with fantastic food”
Review of The Lost Dog Cafe

The Lost Dog Cafe
Ranked #1 of 216 Restaurants in Binghamton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Lost Dog Cafe, now in its 21st year is locally owned and operated by Marie McKenna & Elizabeth Hughes. We feature fresh, innovated cuisine that is locally sourced when possible including grass-fed beef, and many gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan options. Lost Dog Cafe is a 150 seat restaurant and has a full-bar and an extensive coffee, tea and dessert menu as well. Next door is Lost Dog Cocktail Lounge where guests can stay later and enjoy live music! The Lounge is open until midnight on weekdays and 1 a.m. on Friday & Saturday evenings. We also do catering!
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I was in town on business and found The Lost Dog via recommendations from a friend. It was surprising to find this hole in the wall in a sleepy town packed on a Tuesday night. It's a fun atmosphere and the food is so good. The service was good - attentive and food came out pretty quickly. I'd definitely go back.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

The Lost Dog is always great. When friends are in town and I know I want a great dinner I take them to "The Dog."

Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

On an average I eat out at least twice a week in different cities around the country and have never been so impressed with one restaurant.

The initial impression as you enter the place is that it's so lively and the vibe is so positive, you wonder what are they feeding the customers :) They serve food, wine,coffee and teas, beer, speciality cocktails and what not.This also doubles up as a lounge when they have live musical performances. The place is so eclectic, that its worth checking of having a drink just to check it out.

Now about the food. The food here can be best described as flavorful, healthy with a twist that is unique to lost dog. For instance I ordered the veggie burger which did not come with a pattie but instead a grilled and slightly spiced garden burger with the usuals onions, tomatoes with garlic mayo. Every bite was heavenly and the size and portions seem right not excessive. My bar neighbor ordered the house special Rigatoni ala vodka which looked equally tempting. I opted for an organic rooibus tea to go with my dinner (why not) and the barista/ hostess was more than happy to share all the info about it.

Also this place is vegan friendly, gluten free(if you prefer). So they can substitute anything on their menu with vegetarian options.

If you are headed for dinner call ahead and make reservations or you may need to wait. Alternatively the bar is not a bad option either, no wait. Street parking is available in plenty around, I believe validated parking is also available.

Although the whole experience was excellent, it was not glitch free. I had to wait an additional 10 mins at the end of my dinner so the manager could come to take off the 50 c from my check, since they did not have the wheat wrap I ordered. Small annoyance that hope doesn't recur. I would gladly head back to try everything on the menu.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

During my stay in Binghampton I went twice once for dinner then again for lunch. The food was delicious and the service was great. They have a great selection of entrees. Definately must try a latte or coffee.. so delicious!

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Very clear why this place is so well regarded. We stopped by based on the sparkling TA review. Menu was de-lish and diverse. The converted warehouse decor was clever. What most impressedus though was the their patronage seemed to suggest that everybody loved the place even though by appearances it seemed more hipster than Main St. Only complaint was that when the check came we realized we'd spent a lot more on a lunch than we'd thought - like everything on the menu was about $2 more than we'd like to spend. But in terms of food and atmosphere, it's something for everybody. Friendly service too, but it seemed like they could have really used 1 more waitress for that kind of bustling crowd.