“Average”

Ranked #1 of 217 Restaurants in Binghamton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Lost Dog Cafe, now in its 21st year is locally owned and operated by Marie McKenna & Elizabeth Hughes. We feature fresh, innovated cuisine that is locally sourced when possible including grass-fed beef, and many gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan options. Lost Dog Cafe is a 150 seat restaurant and has a full-bar and an extensive coffee, tea and dessert menu as well. Next door is Lost Dog Cocktail Lounge where guests can stay later and enjoy live music! The Lounge is open until midnight on weekdays and 1 a.m. on Friday & Saturday evenings. We also do catering!
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stopped for lunch. Waited awhile for our drinks to be served. I'm not sure if they were short handed, but it seemed like we were forgotten. The waitress came back shortly after we received our food and then never again until we were done. My husband and I would have liked another drink. Food was average. We both thought the food needed more flavor. I had a steak and cheese which was very chewy. My husband had the chicken sandwich. Decor was nice.

1  Thank cbarnes517

Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

We travel a few times a year from Virginia to upstate New York to visit family and always try to stop somewhere local on the way. We found this place well rated by Trip Advisor and Yelp and decided to give it a try for lunch. Boy, are we glad we did!

I ordered the honey bush tea and the chicken chula masala and my husband got the Mexican hot chocolate and the Parmesan sage crusted chicken sandwich (side of homemade Mac and cheese). We also shared a salad and he got a cappuccino to go.

We can both say without a doubt that everything we ordered was fantastic! Flavorful, thoughtful menu, and made with love. Our waitress Elaine was also as nice as could be.

We certainly earmarking this place for our next trip!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Sent here by the desk clerk at our nearby hotel, we were pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere, service, variety and food. Having a late lunch, we selected options that did not include fries - delicious rice and greens, and Greek-style chicken with pasta. Great beer and wine selections and a more-than-knowledgable server with some excellent advice and suggestions. "Elizabeth" was quite impressive. We loved the decor - funky and eclectic which reminded us of our university days! What a delightful change from the chains. We will make it a point to go here again if we're in the area.

1  Thank Mary Jane S
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I was on a business trip staying at the hotal across the street and happened to stop in for dinner. What a pleasant suprise. The atmosphere was great and the food was excellent. They had a nice beer selection as well. I will definately be stopping by the next time I'm in town and may even go a little out of my way to get there.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Wife & I were in Binghamton for a family occasion and stayed in the hotel just across the road. We called in here for lunch on Saturday and were very impressed. The place was lively and welcoming, service was friendly and efficient and the food was really nice. Worth a visit if you're in the area.

Been to The Lost Dog Cafe? Share your experiences!