“A good night stay”

Quality Inn & Suites Binghamton
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Binghamton
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The check in was fast and friendly and the room was good size and comfortable with fridge and microwave. Location is good for easy access to Binghamton area. Variety of restaraunts and establishments are within walking distance or very short car ride.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I've only stayed at this hotel for one night while traveling to CNY. This hotel was recommended to me by a friend. The stay was really nice and so is the staff, in the end I was almost sorry to leave. Upon arriving I found myself in a valley of smiles from the very first person I met. She explained everything I had available. Entering the room, it was clean and quiet (couldn't hear a noise). The bathroom is also spacious and very clean. I loved the tiled floors. The closest was spacious as well, I had more than enough room for my luggage. I also liked how it was the sliding door type of closest rather than an armoire. The bed was one thing that if I could take him home, I would have done. I slept comfortably. I had a room that included a microwave and fridge which was a bonus since I was traveling with a baby and 6yr old. The WiFi was another benefit. There was nice desk for me to logon to my laptop and work from the hotel room and not wake up my kids that were asleep in bed. This hotel offers all the amenities you could ever want for a great value. The location was also key. Right off of 81 and there are several stores (including eating options) across the street/walking distance. Very rich and tasty continental breakfast, I loved the waffles, muffins, and eggs. The coffee was a great start for my morning trip. These are the things that made me enjoy my stay at this hotel, but my warmest congratulations to the hotel for their choice of personnel. They know how to really make you feel at home, and if you need anything it is like asking a family member. Overall I recommend this hotel to any family looking for a good valuable alternative to the other common hotels.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Hope F
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Room had a slight smell. Not overpowering or disgusting, but noticeable. Overall it was not a bad place to stay and I would return.

Had trouble with the wireless. Weak signal and would not maintain connection.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Everything great! Service, hotel, even the rate!!! We have been frequenting this hotel for business and pleasure since 2008. Our needs are always met with polite promptness. Definitely recommend. Other similar hotels in the area have higher rates and less friendly customer service. Fully booked a few times, unfortunately, caused us to stay at a nearby hotel. We do our best to prevent that reoccurring.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I had to cancel a reservation due to a family emergency on the last leg of a cross country trip. Since I was driving my wife made the call. The female desk clerk was extremely rude to my wife and apparently so put out she snidely remarked since we had made the reservation online why couldn't we cancel it that way. And please Manager of the hotel do not chime in here because on two occasions I called and requested to speak with you and was told you would call me back but we both know that didn't happen. If you're looking for just a smidgeon of hospitality after a hard day's travel I pray you go elsewhere!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Booked through Hotwire, sight unseen. Location is good, close to the Speidie Festival and to gas, grocery stores & restaurants, such as Applebee's & the Cracker Barrel (our favorites). Overall, I have come to have low epectations from Howard Johnson's. Their glory days have long since passed. Our rate was fairly reasonable and we did not choose the hotel, learning the name only after we paid for the room through Hotwire. I like Hotwire because you can use Paypal, however, FYI ~ you cannot opt for the travel insurance unless you book & pay with a credit card. If I had booked through Ho Jo's directly, it would have been totally unacceptable to pay what they were asking. In general, I feel that Ho Jo's are overpriced and I do not stay in their hotels at all. The parking lot seemed small and there were several male guests ( I think they were guests), hanging out in the back of their pickup trucks almost the whole night... not sure what that was all about & it did make me feel a bit uneasy walking to my car as they were loud & drinking. The staff I met were all pleasant & helpful but since we only spent one night, I had very little interaction with the front desk. My biggest complaint was that the AC did not work at all, even the fan blew a weak warm air. I know I could have complained and perhaps they would have moved us, but it seemed a hassle for only one night and it was late already when we arrived. The alarm clock never went off either so I missed the early morning balloon launch. Next time I will use my cellphone. The continental breakfast area downstairs looked clean and covered a good size space, but we went out to eat instead. I saw a computer in the lobby too but did not use it. Hot water for bathing seemed adequate and there was a hairdryer on the wall, (something I always look for so I know if I need to pack one or not). Wonder if there are any Howard Johnson restaurants left anywhere in the country? If so, hope they are better than their hotels.....

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa P
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I have been staying here on and off for almost a year for my business trips, and never had any issues till day. Clean and decent rooms,Comfortable beds, clean linen, courteous staff, any issues are taken care of immediately.
The hotel is well maintained and clean and its a good value for the money they charge
would really recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business