Fairfield Inn Binghamton
$48
Travelocity
Del Motel(Binghamton)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscracker barrelfront deskmarriott hotelsapple beesthe breakfast areawafflesoff the highwaythe staff was friendly and helpfulbeds were comfortablewould definitely stay here againnew yorkclean hotelworkout roomconvenient locationcomplimentary breakfastindoor poolgas station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We checked in Saturday afternoon for a two night stay. We were given a room with a horrible mold spell! It's impossible to believe the hotel staff is unaware of a room with such a putrid odor. I went to the front desk, mentioned the foul smell. Since we had plans on being out of the room for the majority of the afternoon, I suggested and provided them the opportunity to clean it or "cover" it. We returned to the room around 1AM only to be subjected to the same terrible order. It was very late, my husband and I were exhausted and simply didn't feel like the hassle of complaining at the front desk, gathering our belongings and hustling over to a new room. We were gone the second day as well, with a very busy schedule. We simply didn't have a lot of time to bother with haggling over a new room. It would have been nice to come back to a more pleasant room.

The next morning, on our way out for the day, the same manager was at the desk. She asked about the smell, to which I informed her that the order was still pretty terrible. I assumed she would offer a different room. Its a rather large hotel and I knew the rooms across the hall (also a double bed which we paid extra$$) was empty and the parking lot was relatively vacant. I was extremely disappointed at the lack of concern and insensitivity of the management.

On check out day, I visited the gym and went to the front desk to purchase 2 bottles of water, there was a person seeking directions to a different hotel in the area. The same insensitive manager was at the front desk. Instead of processing my cash payment for 2 bottles of water so that I could be on my way to the gym, she totally ignored the paying guest (me) to assist a non-paying guest find and print directions to another hotel!?!

I felt the customer service was non-exsistant.

I have not encountered such insensitivity and lack of concern in a very long time, especially in a hotel. Usually, if I have a complaint while staying in a hotel and make management aware, the hotel management will attempt to make some accommodation for any inconveniences. This place made no attempt to make our stay comfortable or pleasant. Upon being notified about something as simply as a horrible odor in a room, they made no attempt to improve our stay whatsoever!

The customer service from the manager was beyond insensitive and unresponsive. We will certainly be inconvenience by driving to a different hotel during our next visit to that area.

It would be my recommendation you can do better with the same amount of money at a different hotel with more care and concern for paying gue$t.

\

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly. It just needs some updating. The elevator needs updating, furniture, carpets. I know there is a cost to this so I can understand why it hasn't been changed but if it doesn't change soon the hotel will start look very old.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I thought this would be much better than it was considering we paid $165 a night and this is part of the Marriott chain. The furnishings could be updated, the air conditioner was very loud, and the breakfast was so-so. I had to inform the staff to remove a chicken bone from the floor of the elevator after seeing it there for most of a day. YUCK! The most ridiculous thing was that there was one ice machine for the entire hotel. It was drained the first thing every morning & I was told to go 'just down the street' to buy ice! It seems they were allowing families to fill coolers, so this meant I could not get an ice bucket full (or half-full). They did go buy bags of ice when they could, but I was told on my second day there that they didn't have anyone available to go buy it for an hour and a half. I would not stay here again.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Traveling through on way to family vacation in New York. Just stopped over for the night, wonderful stay. Clean, staff friendly, great breakfast. Everything we needed. Couldn't ask for anything more. Would stay here again.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stay at this hotel once a month for business - always greeted with a smail and "welcome back." Rooms are always clean and I am always thankful to not be at the EconoLodge that my company put me at once down the street! Applebee's delivers from next door - huge plus for me. The pool and fitness center are clean and well maintained.
I used to get a welcome package upon arrival, but not the last stay - not sure if there was a managment change?
Overall very happy with the hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business