Fairfield Inn Binghamton
Comfort Inn(Binghamton)
Motel 6 Binghamton(Binghamton)
Grand Royale Hotel(Binghamton)
View Hotel
All reviewscracker barrelfront deskmarriott hotelsapple beesthe breakfast areawafflesoff the highwaythe staff was friendly and helpfulbeds were comfortablewould definitely stay here againnew yorkclean hotelworkout roomconvenient locationcomplimentary breakfastindoor poolgas station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 13, 2012

The staff greeting us was very polite. Pool was very nice and comfortable for our teenagers to take a dip. Very Clean.
The size of the room, which was a corner room, that had a chair and footstool was perfect for our family of 4. Breakfast was okay; however the taste of the waffles was very bland. My son and I couldn't finish ours. But we had fresh fruit, cereal, bagels and microwaveable breakfast sandwiches to choose from. Very conveniently located next to Cracker Barrel and Applebees restaurants so we were able to get an affordable dinner. Easy on/off highways of Rte. 81 and 88. While the beds were comfortable & # of pillows were great, the bathroom is very small.
For a family of 4, the bathroom just didn't work. You couldn't have more than one person in the bathroom at a time. The fan did not work accurately for the volume of steam and heat that comes from a shower...the bathroom was extremely overheated and damp. It took forever for the moisture to be removed from the mirror. The unused towels were damp by the time the last person used the shower from all of the moisture left in the room.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Terri S
Reviewed August 10, 2012

On the last night of our 3-day drive back from South Carolina, we stopped in Binghamton. We are used to the Fairfield formula, and in many ways, it is WYSIWYG. But this one had a cleaner, newer pool and spa, better than other Fairfields. The desk staff was very helpful and courteous. The overall maintenance was better than average. Everything was clean and smelled fresh.
This Fairfield does not have Queen beds, only doubles, and that's too bad. Also, it is quite close to the Interstate, so the kids did have quite a lot of trouble getting to sleep.
BTW : I-88 is a very nice drive from Binghamton to Albany, if you're heading back North.

Room Tip: Furthest from the Interstate.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed here for one night with my son while visiting SUNY Binghamton which was about 10 minutes away. I tired to book something on Priceline using the "name your own price" feature but it seems that the hotel prices in this area are higher than most upstate NY towns and my bid was rejected. Rather than raise my bid for an unknown place I chose to book this hotel based on the tripadvisor reviews. I found it to be good but basic and was a little disappointed for the price I paid.

The lobby is tiny. There are two nice up-to-date computers for guest's use but you are required to stand while using them. The free breakfast was OK. There is an Applebee's on one side and a Cracker Barrel on the other, both easy to walk to. I think there is also a movie theater on the other side of the Cracker Barrel.

The room was basic, the beds comfortable and the linens appeared to be clean and fresh. I have stayed at Fairfield's that had bigger rooms and were more attractively furnished. The TV was good. I did think that the bathroom could be cleaner. I, for one, cannot help but inspect the bathroom when I am sitting in there, as much as I try not to. It was obvious that it was not cleaned thoroughly. The corners were dirty, there was mold or dirt on the top edge of the tile baseboard molding. The ceiling looked like it could use a wipe as did the top of the towel bars. The bathroom light switch was also grimy looking which is not unusual but oh so gross! I actually found myself cleaning the bathroom which annoys me especially considering that I paid close to $200 for my one night's stay.

I did get a good night's sleep and for that, I am thankful!

Room Tip: I did not have a bad stay but I am surprised that this is the top-rated place in the area.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We booked this hotel on the reco of Trip Advisor reviews and were not disappointed. The hotel had a modern, updated decor and our King Size room was VERY CLEAN. Based on a tip from another review we did request an upper floor on the non highway side and it was very quiet. The breakfast was really good and had alot of choices. There is not much in the surrounding area at this exit but fortunately there were Applebees and Crackle Barrel next door so we had a nice choice of food options. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed here on business for 3 nights. The hotel was clean and very convienient. The staff was super friendly and always available. The breakfast was more than enough and delicious.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business