“A pretty great hotel in downtown Binghamton”

DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Binghamton
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I had to visit Binghamton for a funeral and needed some rest when I wasn't with family. This big-hotel-in-a-little-city covered all that I needed. And they even offered a bereavement rate. They offer free and convenient parking. There is a full restaurant and bar on the first floor that's open 3 meals a day, plus late night as well. One morning I ate breakfast in the restaurant and the service was great, the food just average, which was not in line with the modern decor. Another day I ordered breakfast via room service and it was delivered fast, just as I ordered, and pretty inexpensive as well. The beds and bedding were the cleanest and most comfortable of nearly any hotel I've ever stayed in. That's probably the most important factor for me and hotels: sleep! And I slept great here. The wifi was free and I had my own router next to my bed. The bathroom was sizable, clean, and well stocked with complimentary toiletries and towels. I stayed 3 nights and had little need for staff interaction, nor did I have any other guest interactions to report, which is a good sign. Check in and check out was fast and easy. I would definitely stay here again when I'm in town.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank manwholovestotravel
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for the past 3 or 4 years and each time I have been more and more impressed. The staff at this hotel makes you feel at home from the second you walk in the door especially Josh at the front desk who went above and beyond throughout my stay to ensure i was having the best possible experience.The hotels restaurant has good food (The dinner was alot better then the breakfast). The only complaint i do have is that i was awoken fairly early due to construction stemming from the hotels remodel process. I would recommend this hotel to anyone no matter what the occasion and look forward from the transformation to the double tree hotel by hilton.

Room Tip: Request a river view room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank William B
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is the second year I've stayed here, it was improved from the prior year, they've been renovating since then. The staff was very friendly and helpful, in particular the young man at the desk, Joshua, did a great job.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Barbara550
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I have stayed at a few Hotels in Binghamton during my travels and this is the best by far. Clean, friendly staff and up to date.

The staff is the most polite and friendliest staff I have ever come across at a hotel in this area. They acknowledge you when you pass them in the Lobby and will politely say "good morning!" I feel like Im at home here.

Signs show that they are in the middle of converting to a Doubletree and you can tell that they are excited about it. Yes, the rooms are still in the process of being updated, but the rest of the hotel seems to be complete and I have no complaints. Cant wait to come back again after the hotel change has finished. Looks good to me!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jack S
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We came into Binghamton on for a hockey tournamnet. We have been going to theses tournaments for years. We have never been to hotel where we were treated better than at the River Walk! The staff was very attentive to our needs. The ammentities were top of the line and the food was terrific.
I give this Hotel my top rating and we will definately be back!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Dave D
Reviewed November 18, 2012

What a great facility and super accommodating staff. We brought in a sizable group last minute and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. From finding space for the group to gather to extending the checkout time - they were exceptional.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hal A
Reviewed November 10, 2012

If only for the large swimming pool with marked lanes and a lifeguard, I would stay in this hotel again in a heartbeat. (Bonus: there is also a sauna in the athletic center.) My room was spacious and clean. During the day and into the early evening, there was a lot of loud noise in the room from construction work related to the Hilton conversion. HVAC also very loud. This could be a problem for daytime sleepers or parents with children needing afternoon naps. (It quieted down at night.) The reception staff were quite helpful and printed out directions to a local destination for me. Bed was comfortable, but the pillows did not feel right to me. All in all, a positive experience.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank MuddyShoesMedford
Also consider these accommodations in or near Binghamton
Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown
Comfort Inn
#5 of 13 in Binghamton
Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal
Hampton Inn & Suites Binghamton / Vestal

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton

Address: 225 Water St, Binghamton, NY 13901-2704 (Formerly Binghamton Riverwalk Hotel and Conference Center)
Location: United States > New York > Binghamton
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Binghamton
Price Range: $118 - $220 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton 3*
Welcome to the newly renovated DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton, where the little things mean everything! We offer the finest accommodations in the Binghamton area. Guests enjoy free use of the Riverwalk Athletic Club located onsite and fine dining at our restaurant, the River Bistro. We also have exceptional facilities for gala occasions and corporate meetings. We can host events from 2 to 1,000 people and have a variety of meeting spaces to fit the needs of any event! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Binghamton Riverwalk Hotel Binghamton