“Great Service”

DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Binghamton
Reviewed November 18, 2012

What a great facility and super accommodating staff. We brought in a sizable group last minute and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. From finding space for the group to gather to extending the checkout time - they were exceptional.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hal A
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton

Reviewed November 10, 2012

If only for the large swimming pool with marked lanes and a lifeguard, I would stay in this hotel again in a heartbeat. (Bonus: there is also a sauna in the athletic center.) My room was spacious and clean. During the day and into the early evening, there was a lot of loud noise in the room from construction work related to the Hilton conversion. HVAC also very loud. This could be a problem for daytime sleepers or parents with children needing afternoon naps. (It quieted down at night.) The reception staff were quite helpful and printed out directions to a local destination for me. Bed was comfortable, but the pillows did not feel right to me. All in all, a positive experience.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank MuddyShoesMedford
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Rooms clean, beds a bit hard for my taste
Staff very couteous and helpful
Lobby decorated nicely, relaxing
Ate in the dining room, staff was great, food was very good but a bit pricey for what you received.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Mary L
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I wondered this hotel in search of a meeting I was looking for. I came across an office with its light on and a young girl behind a desk. I asked her where the room was and she was able to point my wife and I in the right direction.
We left her office, only to turn around and go back. My wife needed to use the ladies room and she is unable to do this herself. The young lady got up and offered to take her into the ladies room and help her. My wife, hesitant with her handicap, refused to go with the lady and therefore, the girl whose nametag I got a better look at, Ashley, searched the bathroom and said no one was in there and that if my wife felt more comfortable with me that she would stand gaurd and make sure no one entered while we were in there. I am so thankful for people like Ashley. She didnt have to be nice- but she beyond nice and helpful.
Thank you to the Riverwalk for employing people like Ashley.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Carol L
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This was one of the worst hotels we have stayed at in USA and Europe. Hopefully when Hilton hotels have taken it over and refurbished it ,it will have improved
We arrived and reception was good but apologised for the fact 300-1000 guests were staying for a "Ladies Night" convention.When visiting the Restaurant we had to ask to be served and were told no one else apart from the Convention was expected. The evening service was not only non existent it was abissmal ,The food was just as though it had been quickly defrosted and deep fried Unedible. Our friend with us (American) told reception that having travelled the world on business it was the first time in 40 years she had never left a tip.Neither did we. However breakfast was good and the service excellent. The rooms were 1950 ish and needed redecorating and the smoke odour in the carpets needs removing and fully renewing
The convention used the room opposite ours to hold after dinner hospitality and although most were older than ourselves made noise until well into the night.Sorry

Room Tip: Check the room before you take it as they need refurbishing
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Colin M
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel while taking my son to visit the university the hotels lobby is very morern and kept very clean. The front desk clerks who checked us in Sam and Josh were both very friendly and gave us very good information about the hotel and surrounding area and helped make are first time hear alot easier. The rooms are outdated but were very clean and the restaurant had good food even though it took almost an hour to get our food. Overall i would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area and any time i will be in the area the hotel will have my business.

Room Tip: Pick a room with a riverview
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lorenzo N
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for family weekend. The hotel is nice, clean and about 10 minute drive from SUNY. They served a simple continental breakfast. I believe there are less expensive hotels in the area, though this was fine. There is a nice gym and pool adjacent to the hotel for guest (free) use.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank NYCTravelPal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Binghamton
Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown
Comfort Inn
#5 of 13 in Binghamton
Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal
Hampton Inn & Suites Binghamton / Vestal

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton

Address: 225 Water St, Binghamton, NY 13901-2704 (Formerly Binghamton Riverwalk Hotel and Conference Center)
Location: United States > New York > Binghamton
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Binghamton
Price Range: $118 - $220 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton 3*
Welcome to the newly renovated DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton, where the little things mean everything! We offer the finest accommodations in the Binghamton area. Guests enjoy free use of the Riverwalk Athletic Club located onsite and fine dining at our restaurant, the River Bistro. We also have exceptional facilities for gala occasions and corporate meetings. We can host events from 2 to 1,000 people and have a variety of meeting spaces to fit the needs of any event! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Binghamton Riverwalk Hotel Binghamton