“a good find.!!!”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Binghamton
Larbert, United Kingdom
“a good find.!!!”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

we were on vacation from Scotland and on our way back to new york having been to quebec and was looking for a place on route.We found this by chance and it was a great find.!!!! the staff were cheery and helpful and the food in the hotel restaurant was one of the best meals we had on route. the breakfast too was good. Considering we paid twice the price for other hotels on our trip this was great value. Ok the decor was a bit tired but the bed was comfortable, the place was clean and the room was large.
David on the desk was particularly helpful and the management should be proud of their staff. I hope Doubletree just decorate the place and hold onto their staff.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fayandgeo
PattyW225, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! Yes, we will be converting to a Doubletree and management and staff will remain here!! We have an awesome team who take pride in their work so please come back and visit us soon!!

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Boston, New York
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I was staying in the hotel and near the end of the day I got into the elevator from the Lobby level to go back to my room. When the doors opened, a young lady was in there. I noticed her name tag and knew she worked at the hotel. I didn't say much because my day had been so bad already and I thought for sure she didnt want to talk. But as soon as I got into the elevator, she asked what floor I was going to and how I was. I replied 5 and struck up a conversation about the hotels busy weekend. She said she hadn't been here because weekends are her days off. I asked what her position was and she said Administative Assistant. I never saw someone so cheerful at the end of a work day.
Before she got off on the second floor, She held the door open and said, "I hope you have a great day and the rest of your stay is wonderful too."

After a tough day and being down, this girl made my day so much better.

1 Thank JuliaSned
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Traveling by car on the way to Fredonia, we were caught in a major thunderstorm, with torrential rain and tornado and were stranded at a rest area for some time just 9 miles from Binghamton, NY. We had hoped to drive further, but after our delay and anxious to get off the road, and with no reservation, we called ahead to the Binghamton Riverwalk hoping to find a room and spoke with Josh, who assured us that we would have our two rooms, and to urged us to take our time and travel safely. When we arrived, Josh was just as warm and professional as he was on the phone. He really was a welcome site after such a scary experience. He was so personable and good natured. His attention to detail was wonderful and was careful to direct us to park in the covered parking lot instead of the first outdoor lot we would see, as he said there may be hail associated with the storm. Our stay was lovely, so lovely, that on our way back through Binghamton the next night, we came back. Both nights, our rooms were clean, well appointed, beautiful bed linens, ample towels and toiletries - even a shower cap which no one bothers with anymore. Because the weather was so bad, we opted to dine in at the hotel's restaurant. We were pleasantly surprised, I imagine this is one of the better restaurants in all of Binghamton. Our service at the restaurant was attentive as well as the reception staff. Nicole waited on us with a beautiful smile, attention to detail (I have some food allergies), and as with everyone else we encountered at the Riverwalk, she was good natured, professional, and had a good sense of humor. We asked for her recommendations and they were spot on - you have to try the smoked beet salad! Miranda also checked in with us to make sure everything was OK and recommended the banana bread pudding for desert, which I ordered again the second night. When we came back the second night, even though the weather was fine, we opted not to venture out because there were several other dishes on the menu that we were still interesting in trying. The second night, Nicole and Miranda greeted us like old friends, and again fussed over us. Nicole took especially good care of us, when my monk fish was overcooked and was being refired, she brought me a beet salad on the house, as she said she remembered how much I liked it from the night before. Our experience was wonderful all around and whenever we are in the area again, we will come back. The hotel is beautiful and the staff really make this a special place.

2 Thank drrettwood
PattyW225, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Hello!

Thank you so much for taking the time and writing such a wonderful review. Myself and the rest of the management staff are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! The storm that came in that night was definitely a scary one! We are glad that you were able to make it safely to the hotel and welcomed in a pleasant way. We have a great staff dedicated to making our guests feel comfortable and relaxed.

Your review went a long way with the front desk and restaurant staff as well. The waitstaff you encountered in our restaurant and at the Front Desk were so overjoyed when I was able to share this review with them.

So again thank you and we look forward to your return very soon!

Rhode Island
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Hotel was great. had a corner room with two double beds and a pull out sofa with plenty of floor space for a blowup matteress. Gym/pool area was also very good...new equipment and very clean. Dry sauna in very clean men's locker was excellent. Free breakfast buffet was good...typical buffet food: scrambled eggs, bacon, etc. Very welcome when travelling with four teenage kids. Didn't eat dinner at the hotel...nobody else was eating there so didn't want to be the first. Across the street was a cafe called something Dog. Food was ok but I thought it was high priced given this was Binghamton. Other than that there is not much else nearby. Another place nearby is something like Burger Mondays which wasn't open on Sunday so didn't get to try it but looking at the menu in the window the prices seemed more reasonable.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room if you need space.
1 Thank kep444
Binghamton, New York
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We had a lot of out of town guests for our daughter's wedding. The staff was more than helpful on several occasions. They attended to the smallest of needs with cheerfulness and professionalism.

We hosted a brunch on Sunday and couldn't be more pleased with the staff, the food, and the overall care given to us and to our guests.

Room Tip: We had a suite which was spacious. A microwave and some glassware would've been the only sugges...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
PattyW225, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Charlottte,

Thank you for taking the time and posting a review on your experience at the Hotel. We are so happy that we made you and your guests happy for your daughters wedding weekend!

Please keep us in mind for future events at the hotel. We look forward to working with you again very soon!

Keep in touch!

Directorof Sales
Derry, New Hampshire
Reviewed July 18, 2012

This is your best choice for a hotel when visiting Binghamton. It's priced reasonably, and the front desk is always super friendly. Located smack dab in the middle of downtown Binghamton (not that there's much going on there), so you're within walking distance of some bars and restaurants. The hotel has a decent bar, fitness center, and the best, the BEST free breakfast I have ever had at any hotel...and I travel a lot for work! It's a buffet, but you are served coffee by a waiter, nice white tablecloths, great food, hot eggs, meats, pancakes, etc. Their free eggs are the best I have ever had in a hotel. Since there's a waiter you probably want to tip a couple bucks, but well worth it. The rooms are also nice, lobby is nice, and last I was there they were renovating the rooms, too.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Looking back on the reviews, you get the picture: They are always remodeling. No one however seems to get the 'new' rooms. Now, they are remodeling as a Doubletree due for December. Something tells me next summer they will be remodeling as a Marriott.
Other than that, not much different from the other reviews and from my review last year...when they were 'remodeling'. . Average rooms. The beds are now sinking to the floor (new ones I'm sure will be coming with the 'remodel'). The hall carpet still has ripples. OK TV line up. Food is good.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MrBigTraveler
Hello and thank you for taking the time to let us know about your past experience at the hotel.

We are definitely making progress to becoming the DoubleTree by Hilton, you have my word on that!! I do apologize that it seems that we are not making progress when you do come back and stay with us everytime. The devestating flood that occured in September of 2011 set us back a few months, unfortunatley.

But again you have my word that ownership and management is taking every possible step to making sure that the DoubleTree Flag will be flying by February 2013. We are so excited to know that we will part of the Hilton Family soon.

Please stop in to the Sales Office next time you are in town, I would love to say welcome!!!

Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Director of Sales
Also consider these accommodations in or near Binghamton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Binghamton
Comfort Inn
#5 of 13 in Binghamton
Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal
Hampton Inn & Suites Binghamton / Vestal

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton? Share your experiences!