“My favorite Zoo”
Review of Ross Park Carousel

Ross Park Carousel
Ranked #9 of 25 things to do in Binghamton
More attraction details
Owner description: This carousel's original Wurlitzer organ has been restored to working order.
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Since I was a little girl this has been my favorite zoo. We try to go to the zoo in every city we visit and Ross park is not nearly as large as a lot of them, but it is on a hill and near the woods so when you are there you feel like you are really in nature. Love it.

1  Thank Brenda B

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Before entering or leaving the Zoo or Discovery center it is a great adventure for the kids to be able to step on a carousel and have some fun.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

we went to the zoo for our son's birthday. it was a small zoo so it wasn't an all day zoo. my daughter loved the otter house. it was hard to see out to watch the workers feed them. it is very steep walking. loved going into the bird house...

Reviewed June 15, 2012

We visited the "zoo" and carousel after having visited several years ago and enjoying it. The zoo is very run down, I'm surprised it's still open. They've lost their license I believe, to have certain animals, and been citied a number of times for the animals' living conditions. We walked the zoo (it is VERY steep up a hill, with small kids / a stroller near impossible) what a weird place to put animals! Most of the exhibits were closed, saving only a few sad monkeys, birds, and reindeer. It was a complete let down.

After the "zoo" visit, we attempted to ride the carousel, only to find that it wouldn't start moving. I kid you not, the music was like a bad horror movie, slowed waaaaaaay down like the battery was drained, and my husband and brother in law, along with two other men, had to jump off and push start it, running along side it to keep it going. It was extremely funny, in a sad way.

2  Thank j2white
Reviewed June 23, 2009

We have been to the Ross Park carousel, exhibit and zoo twice in the 1990's. We are planning to go there again this week. The zoo is small and old, but we really liked the otters there and appreciate its history. The carousel has an exciting history as well. Much of it can be learned at the carousel exhibit on the grounds. Both times we visited in the past, we experienced all six of these wonderful restored and historic New York state carousels. I am an antique carousel enthusiast and am thrilled to see so many in one area saved for posterity. We are grateful to the man who placed them here for generations to enjoy.

3  Thank sc51