“Superb food, service in Catskills”

Peekamoose Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Big Indian
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb food, service in Catskills”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Some of the best, freshest food I've eaten anywhere. Devin and Marybeth Mills are alumni of LeBernardin and Gramercy Tavern in NYC, and it shows. Closer to its farm-to-table sources (there's even a chicken coop in the yard out back) the food is also more thoughtfully prepared. Service — while occasionally spotty — is warm and personal. Having Marybeth personally attend to my needs after a long day — in the bar, no less — was like having my mother tuck me in at night. Although we are mere weekenders and the restaurant is 15 miles from our house, we try to come here every trip.

“Wonderful!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is beautiful, The food is really good and the servers were very friendly and accommodating. I loved it!

Long Beach, New York
“mixed results”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Revisited Peekamoose with high expectations after our last visit. Food and service were spotty and it took two hours for a couple of courses and didn't have time for dessert. We will try again and hope this was an anomaly.

1 Thank judy B
VENICE
“Exquisite”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

To say that this is the best restaurant in the Catskill area is doing it an injustice. It is a superb dining establishment, with fun decor, a truly friendly and professional staff who take a lot of pride in their work and their workplace. The food is extraordinarily wonderful, and I am sorry that I don't live closer to be able to dine here more often. This is not just having dinner out, it is a truly marvelous experience, from the moment you are greated when you enter, and you realize that the owners have a whimsical sense of humour to the locally sourced foods and the wine selection. This is one of those places you need to experience first when you are young as the memory is Proust like as you grow older. It is a fabulous place and I hope it thrives forever.
Bravo

• Visited May 2013
Sturgis, Michigan, United States
“A gem in the catskills!”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

On this, our second meal at Peekamoose, we had an even more wonderful experience than our first. The hostess was really friendly and sweet. We weren't sure if we wanted to be seated in the tavern or the main dining room and asked to see the tavern menu to decide. She was able to rattle off the differences of the 2 menus at the top of her head. Impressive and helpful!

After deciding the main dining room sounded best to us, we were shown to our table. The restaurant is rusticly artsy. Dimly lit and romantic best describe the atmosphere. The drink menu is impressive, as is the bread! They'll bring you more if you like, but don't get too stuffed because the real treat are the entrees. My husband and I first started with the seafood stew, which we LOVED. My vegetable and grain plate was a wonderful entree and incredibly flavorful. My husband loves the gnocchi here, and the fact that it changes seasonally makes him very happy. The waitstaff helped my husband plan a surprise for our anniversary... a big firework presented to the table along with a wonderful apple dessert. Fun!

• Visited May 2013